1:48 Super Etendard - on hold. Do you still want it?

Mike

AMK's plans for a SuE are on hold while other projects are finished off  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy one (or more) if they continue with the project in due course?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly, but I'll wait & see how good it is
    • I've no interest in the SuE, but I'd like to vote anyway so I feel like I've participated

As Martin from AMK has announced that the planned SuE is on hold while they finish off the F-14 and the L-39. The question was asked on another thread whether it's worth their while continuing with the project now that other kits of the subject in the same scale (1:48) are out there. Do you want them to continue? Please keep any comments germane to the subject and let's not go off on any wishlist of new kits like happened in the other thread. Thanks :)

• Like 4

Than you for the poll Mike. Good of you to put that one on for us.

I voted but I chose the last option so as not to sway the vote in any direction but so I could see the results. Hope that is ok?

I voted “I’ve no interest in the SuE, but I’d like to vote anyway so I feel like I’ve participated”

Voted no. I have no interest in this type at all. However, I am sure there is space for another kit. After all, the Etendard/Super Etendard has not exactly been done to death like some types.

Allan

• Like 2

All the work done so far will be wasted? AMK not claimed to have unlimited access to an Argentine SuE?

I'm looking forward to see the Fiat G.91 on the market but I also hope to see a SuE from the hands of AMK.

Hi Luis, I have to be honest, better to waste some time and money on a project than to boldly go down a road and waste more money and time on a project that no one wants us to do. We have no idea without asking you guys and so we decided to be honest and up front with you all.

That must be better than just cancelling the project totally?

I will feed all this back to Sio (he will probably be watching anyway).

We have had unlimited and personal contact with the SuE in Argentina thanks to some family and friends of mine. Their help was given without expectation (well maybe some wine and a good asado when I go back) but if we can still have a market for the SuE then we will still do it.

Of course that is a decision for Sio and the team.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies - positive and negative - they are all important to gauge the market.

• Like 3

If it's a case of them redirecting their efforts to something else then I'd prefer they do that (Buccaneer please!) now there's a more modern tooling of the Etendard from a manufacturer that will do for me if I fancy building this type. I've no doubt the AMK kit would be a marvellous kit but I'd rather they concentrate on another type that needs doing (did you hear me say Buccaneer?!)

• Like 2

Notwithstanding the fact that the Super Etendard is one of my favourite aircraft, and given their brief but highly regarded track record that would instantly persuade me to buy a AMK Super Etendard, I would agree that time and money would be better spent on the earlier Etendard IVM/P series or, better still, A Jaguar, Mirage F.1 or Buccaneer in that order !.

• Like 1

I have always wanted an 1/48 Super Etendard, and I am very glad that AMK is planning to do one. Needless to say, AMK is becoming my favorite model company :)

But I also want to say one thing, I also think that AMK's attitude towards their work is something to be at least respected, but also supported. That is why I would buy AMK Super Etendard even if I only had a vague interest in it. I already have their L-29 Delfin, and I also plan to buy their Kfir and MiG 31, and ofcourse, MiG 25, when it becomes available. Now, from what I have read online, it seems that another company's kfir is a bit better, than AMK's, but regardless of that, I will still buy AMK's kit, because I would rather support a model company that always tries to give it's best, than one that shows a certain lack of care, even though it often turns out quite a superior product.

Edited by daneel
  • Like 3

I vote No.
My interest in the SuE is limited, so the current options already on the market is quite enough for my taste.
Even if I think that AMK's offering would be better than the current ones I would probably not buy another one, so I see it better that they concentrated on other stuff.

/Johan

• Like 2

I vote No.

My interest in the SuE is limited, so the current options already on the market is quite enough for my taste.

Even if I think that AMK's offering would be better than the current ones I would probably not buy another one, so I see it better that they concentrated on other stuff.

/Johan

Like a 1/48 Buccaneer S1/S2? How about it AMK? :lol: . I'd need at least 6!!

Allan

ps how about a Spey Phantom. I need at least a dozen!!

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 2

Martin. As I am anticipating MiG-25 like nothing ever before. I will use this opportunity to suggest Mirage F1, (it did carry exocet;-) ) and offers hughe options regarding operators /versions

Cheers

P

• Like 1

Notwithstanding the fact that the Super Etendard is one of my favourite aircraft, and given their brief but highly regarded track record.....

Brief? It's been in service for nearly 40 years!

• Like 1