**2finished** Not done yet with spitfires

• 4 weeks later...

I've just picked up three Sword MkXIVs from the Post Office, and am looking forward to fondling the sprues when I get home. Because I have a few to finish before starting them, I'll be following with interest.

I would stick the metaphorical fingers in the ears beard, am a little disappointed with this, given the recent evolution of short run kits I expected better, having build 3 az spitfire ixs I'm not sure I rate this any better, I fact could have stuck an az badge on it

I would stick the metaphorical fingers in the ears beard, am a little disappointed with this, given the recent evolution of short run kits I expected better, having build 3 az spitfire ixs I'm not sure I rate this any better, I fact could have stuck an az badge on it

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the lack of rear armour on the bubble-top, every think else is exactly as I'd expect from a Sword Spitfire. Sword are still, as far as I am aware, using low-pressure resin mounds whereas AZ have been moving to metal mounds.

Managed to prime it this morning so will be ready for painting later, was going to get myself the alleycat metal wing for the hurricane, but once the cost of the conversion, correct prop and the decals was added up, too pricy for me so looks like I will just buy the xtradecal fabric set

The Airfix Spitfire is looking great Stu, and the Sword XIV just needs a little sanding and filling and then this side of the internet won't notice anything wrong with the cowl.

sadly needs more than that, as per my earlier post I lost my temper with it :( anyway update on the mk1, it wasn't ready for painting yesterday as I made he mistake i seem to on every other one I do, taking the tail bits off without care which means there were holes to fill, melted Sprue does the job but takes its time to go solid for sanding. Meanwhile cracked on with a hurricane, and btw I have yet another mk1 on its way in the post17906BBE-3D50-4C85-A3C8-B731E16AC9CC_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Yep brushed the white and black undersides, as for the MTO build, I'm being ambitious and picking something Teutonic in a nice shiny red box.....edit oh no, just looked at the decals and I have to repaint the hurri, one I've chose has a painted aluminium fuselage and tail

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1