F-15E (TF-15B) 1/48 Hasegawa conversion

Greetings fellow modelers!

This is the Hasegawa 1/48 F-15E converted to a TF-15B Demonstrator AF no.(71-0291). It took me almost one year to complete and used lots of aftermarket to help me during the process. Verlinden cockpit for the Revell F-15E was used and adjusted to fit this kit. Eduard Pe for interior and exterior. The most work was done one the Mk.20 Rockeye bombs, x22 times.. The AIM-9L Sidewinders are from Eduard. The front wheel strut was cut and a brass rod was inserted with a slight angle to it. Burner cans from Aires. The CFT's where treated with 0.03mm fine plastic rod to represent the sealing rubber around them. The air-brake was cut to shape and epoxy putty was used to achieve the characteristic hump at it. The Vulcan cannon was removed and epoxy putty was used to reshape the area. All antennas are made from PE frets. Angle of attack probes are from master. Flaps where cut and put in the down position. All nav lights where remade using epoxy glue and painted with clear blue and red accordingly.
All the colors used are from the Gunze acrylics range. Cant remember which ones exactly at the time. Alclad II colors of various shades where used for the burner cans and its housings.

And I believe that's it! I hope you will enjoy the pics and keep up modeling...!

DSC_6620.jpg

DSC_6590.jpg

DSC_6615.jpg

DSC_6781.jpg

DSC_6765.jpg

DSC_6797.jpg

DSC_6805.jpg

DSC_6778-2.jpg

DSC_6636.jpg

• Like 37

Hello,Brutalos - My compliments to you on a beautifully built and finished 'Strike Eagle'. I love the chosen scheme and she looks every inch the magnificent warplane she is.;) All the very best,Paul.

Supremely wonderful! I so want to build this Eagle because it looks really good in the Euro 1-ish scheme. I found a few photos online of the real thing a while ago; I think it had ESCAPAC seats rather than ACES type -but then I'm just a miserable ingrate! I think it is not possible to produce this aircraft in 1/48 without a bit of work and I'll probably start with the Academy kit so... :banghead:

Congratulations on this magnificent model, I'm really inspired now!

Lovely build and the weapons load is very impressive (the patience to build all those bombs I admire), wish operational jets used this camo too! This makes me want to build one now :thumbsup:

Edited by mirageiv