Hope the repairs go well, it's an exquisite model.....Would the structure be strong enough to support some detailed resin engines? :hmmm:

Hiya Sarge, sorry I haven't been in touch lately, hope you are well! It's light weight model but surprisingly strong and stiff. Resin engines shouldn't be a problem provided the undercarriage was beefed up a bit! The main gear legs sit on a folded bracket which is part of the main airframe, a simple square block glued to this bracket would be sturdy enough to support some resin. The nose gear leg attaches to a cross member which forms the cockpit floor braced by the retraction arms. As long as the nose gear parts are well glued they shouldn't need any further strengthening.

I like your thinking about the engines, careful planning before starting the build should make it easy providing the resin engines are the same diameter as the etched ones!

• Like 1

Wow,......not really my field of interest but I can recognise a great model when I see one,.......good luck with the repairs and what scheme are you doing it in when it is finished? (joke!)

Cheers

Tony

I was thinking flock wallpaper, mood lighting and a bareskin rug, preferably Mrs Jocksters bareskin!