Greetings mentors,

Saw this, bought this, built this and love this!

e0eceeb5-7cd0-44b5-acdc-b6a18ddffc3c_zps

DSC_1081_zpskfo2iipi.jpg

DSC_1084_zpsnvo3b9ko.jpg

Just awful! I won't be using the cannons!

DSC_1087_zpsxlzcduft.jpg

Easy construction!

DSC_1088_zpsva3g68oe.jpg

I am definitely not a photographer!

DSC_1186_zpsthgo0dxx.jpg

DSC_1187_zpso26sfese.jpg

DSC_1188_zpsvamwfeu4.jpg

DSC_1189_zpsd1vdvksh.jpg

DSC_1190_zpsj5y9a9ze.jpg

DSC_1191_zpswfhgoyqd.jpg

I made the mistake of taking pictures outside with the Horten on a sheet of paper. Sudden breeze later and looks like she will be in the repair shop for a few days.

Bugger!

Hugs'n'stuff,

Jocko

• Like 37

Thank you gents, looks complicated but all credit to Jasmine model for a very well designed, easy to build kit. Scalpel, tweezers, an oil stone and some superglue was all I needed.

• Like 1

It's a lovely kit Kev, as I had a peruse of the review sample before it went out... sadly, it wasn't my scale :shrug:

Good luck with the repairs ;)

Thanks again folks, repairs are underway and better pictures are planned shortly, maybe just a little bit less sunshine is required.

Mike, not my scale either but this was a must build. Someone built a Zero from a similar kit a couple of years ago on BM, I fancy doing that too if I ever find the thread on it!

Most of all, I FINISHED A MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Lovely model.

I have just typed Jasmine model in on ebay, and now have some explaining to do!

It's not cheap considering the scale but you can complete it in a weekend, the only downside is the molded components which are really quite poor in comparison to the stunningly beautiful photoetch stuff. The cannons are dreadful and if I ever change my mind and use them then it will only be after a lot of reworking!

• Like 1

Amazing watchmaker assembly job! And sorry about the unintended botched takeoff.

Did you ever consider painting the structure? As the Horten was an almost completely wooden construction…

Good luck with the repairs!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Wow,......not really my field of interest but I can recognise a great model when I see one,.......good luck with the repairs and what scheme are you doing it in when it is finished? (joke!)

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Amazing watchmaker assembly job! And sorry about the unintended botched takeoff.

Did you ever consider painting the structure? As the Horten was an almost completely wooden construction…

Good luck with the repairs!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I had considered creating a camouflage pattern out of thin aluminium sheet but it would have covered too much of the detail. As for paint, no, this isn't really structured for paint, I had also thought of painting the tyres, instrument panel and seat to add a bit of colour but then where do you stop?

As always folks, thank you for your kind words. Repairs are almost done so I'm trying to decide on a background to shoot against that will do this lovely kit the justice that it deserves!