Airfix / Aeroclub Canberra B.2 WH640

Shan't just copy "wot I sed" in the WIP ;)

Just add that this is pretty damned wonderful Neil

I really should get up the courage to attempt shading the way you do

Total win mate

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

This morning I have the job of fixing the damn thing. I had it on the window sill last night and the missus lowered the blind without noticing it. I despair sometimes. It takes several pulls of the cord to lower the blind, and you have to look to stop it at the right point!

I think the heat is getting to you Bill :lol:

It appears we have thunderstorms in LeMans on the Friday, hope the tent can hold up to that.

D'oh!! Hope there wasn't too much damage inflicted...(still at least it didn't melt in the sun whilst on the window sill!! :yikes:)

Keith

Fortunately, all the broken bits are glued joints, just as well that I don't build them strong enough!

My son built a Wildcat that he won on a tombola at Cosford, that suffered the same fate! Think I'm going to ban her from the lads room!

Cheers guys.

I couldn't get hold of a b(1).8, but the lines on the 2 were different anyway as far as I'm aware due to the addition of tanks from the 6 onwards. I don't feel too bad now about the rail sitter if they had issues with the real one!

I'm a bit confused...it doesn't take a lot to do that nowadays!!...in your WIP it shows the B(I)8 kit being used as the basis, certainly the wings used aren't the extended PR9 wings......

What else is there to say, a beautiful model of a great aircraft. It is a great shame that the otherwise excellent Airfix kit has those totally wrong first couple of inches to its fuselage. How could it have happened? With the vast number of mods and colour schemes out there waiting to be modelled, the world is ready for an affordable and accurate 1/72 Canberra. Well done Woody you've done her proud.

Trev.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused...it doesn't take a lot to do that nowadays!!...in your WIP it shows the B(I)8 kit being used as the basis, certainly the wings used aren't the extended PR9 wings......

Bill,

sorry but its me who is confused :blush:

It was indeed the B(1).8 that I used! I've just checked the box. This sun is obviously getting to me lol!

I was getting confused with the B(1).6 kit that I couldn't get hold of. This is what happens when it takes so long to build a kit, you forget the starting point :blink:

Neil, that's magnificent. I missed your build thread but the result is outstanding. I do like the camo scheme, it sets the aircraft off a treat especially with the stripes. Nice to see you tackling someting post WWII.

Congratulations.

Colin

Hi Woody. Hope you are well. Fantastic work, as usual, on your Canberra. Love the paintwork and finish. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix