Hungarian Air Force Bf.109G-6 - Finished !!!

Almost there, only the gear legs covers, the dorsal antenna and the DF loop are missing. Here's the model as it is now on the modelling bench

IMG_3061_zpsisztmjz2.jpg

Must say that the film of the decals included in these kits is great. I applied them using the Microscale liquids and after the final coat the film has completely disappeared. Unfortunately the red stencils were slightly out of register. Most annoying, the accuracy of these decals is not always the best. I understand that these kits are mainly aimed at beginners but some more research wouldn't hurt

• Like 1

So it was that thanks to the one week extension I managed to finally complete a model for a Group Build ! Actually I should say I managed to complete a model, in itself a rare feat.

Antenna added (the original broke during the painting phase), DF loop added from wire, a wing trim replaced (got lost at some point, only noticed yesterday when checking the pictures), glued the gear legs covers, touched up a few bits here and there.

There are a couple of things I'd have liked to do, like uncovering the clear position lights (now hidden under the paint) and adding the wire antennas (actually I rarely add these in 1/72 scale but may be worth trying). I may add these bits in the future. And then I may not...

Overall I'm quite pleased by this kit and the parts I've added, as I have another 4 HB 109Gs of different types I'll add the same on the next builds.And maybe find a way to add the aileron balance masses. I only hope that painting will be less of a pain next time !

The resin cockpit in particular was quite a nice addition. I'm glad that it's still quite visible even using the closed canopy, as shown in one of the pictures below. Next 109 will have an open cockpit though, will just look better

IMG_3073_zpsc8gxr9nd.jpg

IMG_3063_zpsghtadl8u.jpg

IMG_3069_zpsjqodq7bg.jpg

IMG_3070_zps3z5fffot.jpg

IMG_3068_zpskcqx2lf4.jpg

IMG_3066_zpsqs1xawbj.jpg

IMG_3067_zpsdcfve4ei.jpg

Thanks to the hosts for this great GB and to everyone who looked at this thread and left comments. Without the support of the BM collective I'd have never finished this one.

• Like 5