Revell Corvette C6.R Le mans 2006

As le mans is fast approaching us I feel it's the best time to start this and hopefully have it finished on or around the lemans weekend. I did plan on making last year's porsche lmp1 from studio 27 but decided a kit like that needs more time and patience to do, especially given the price of it.

Here is where I am with the corvette

The box

20160602_183621_zpsubxfkrqk.jpg

I want the doors functional on this so cut the door pieces in 2

20160602_183738_zpsdsscd6og.jpg

Then cut out the door insides that were on the car she'll

20160602_183652_zpshivw5fpw.jpg

I cut out the front air intakes as they looked crap in yellow plastic and have mesh ready and waiting

20160602_183709_zpsfx7evjtr.jpg

As you may have noticed in the above picture I drilled out the headlights, this is because I want to add leds to this model. Here are the rear lights soldered up and almost ready to go in

20160602_183817_zpssc6tbvvo.jpg

They look ok with the rear light glass in. The second in from the left knocked out of it hole slightly so it will be fixed when final assembly happens

20160602_184044_zpsdu9wuhsr.jpg

I had to do the hood aswell, the reason will be come aparrent soon

20160602_183748_zps62muscsk.jpg

And the reason is because I needed to check clearance for the on/off switch, I don't plan on any engine detail so this is the perfect place for the switch.

20160602_183802_zpsig1vniwq.jpg

More soon

Shaun

Oh and thank you for the member that helped me find reference pictures of this car, they have all been very helpful for me so far

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So some progress on this

I have painted alot of the interior bits and got some of them glued in, other bits are just in place

20160615_174544_zpsjvttr9yt.jpg

20160615_174549_zpshzsqkftz.jpg

The black is a mix of tamiya x1 black and tamiya x12 gold at about a 10:1 ratio .

Then I just wanted to see how it would look with the body on

20160615_174530_zpsrsk8sszo.jpg

Which brings me on nicely to the doors, as you can see on the picture above both doors have been cut out so now is the job of getting them back on which has proved harder than I thought as a simple hinge made from wire and a tube didn't work out due to the shape of the door the top and the bottom kept touching and hindering fully opening.

But with a little thinking and many tests I have come up with a method that works.

In the shut position, it keeps nice and tight to keep the body lines

20160615_174659_zps6ce5a1dy.jpg

And in the open position, it looks a little rough at the moment but will improve with bits being added and taken away but importantly it works and opens to the right amount and closes in a nice fluid motion

20160615_174708_zpsvnrv27w8.jpg

More on this very soon

Shaun

• Like 2

So I haven't pushed foward as much as I had been hoping over the last few days due to work, weather and family life but I did get a very small amount changed on this

I have painted the brakes calipers and tried out the wheels, not sure if I want to change the chrome yet for alclad but there's a lot of time before I have to decide on that. The tyres are some vinyl sort of material and look terrible they are way too shiny and are have very little give in them making getting the rims in a real pita.

20160619_163406_zpsyoaa9f3j.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys

As for the leader lights I do plan on doing them I just need to wait on some small smd's to arrive from China (and then hope they work) as I can't use normal leds like I have used for the lights as the tail would stick out too much and really mess up the inner door look

Shaun

• Like 1