1/48 Airfix Buccaneer S2B (Gulf War)

This will be the last Buccaneer update for a little while. I'm going to be building an entry for a Group Build, and want to make sure I don't end up rushing it nearer the closing date.

So, the clamps and tape came off, and the fuselage halves went together better than expected. The amount of filler needed was also less than I thought too. There was lots sanding though!

27074626396_3c3b8601f0.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

Intakes fitted, and built up there cockpit sides. The intakes just need a small amount filler, and rubbing down. The cockpit sides will also be sanded down to reduce their height, and to reduce the thickness.

26961038470_f0bb632856.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

27236181095_7309de17a6.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

Another little job I've done is to make the wing-tip lights. There are no clear parts for these, you basically paints red, or green, on the leading corner of the wing-tip. So I cut the tip, where the lights are marked out, and made some lights from clear sprue stems. Drilled a small hole in the back, and painted them the appropriate colour, with Tamiya Clear Red and Green. Once glued, and set, I'll sand them flush with the wing, and polish them up. Hopefully this will work.

26849364724_6d0f16ac1d.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

• Like 6

Great work on the Bucc so far Ian, its looking great!

I'm making my own Bucc at this point as well, Neomega cockpit and everything, but I do have one question... Why have you built up the sides of the cockpit? I'm just curious as I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with them, and as such hadn't done anything to the ones on my own Bucc.

Keep up the good work though as this is looking great and along with the other Bucc getting built on the forums just now, this is serving as inspiration to keep mine going!

Regards,

Nik

• Like 1

Great work on the Bucc so far Ian, its looking great!

I'm making my own Bucc at this point as well, Neomega cockpit and everything, but I do have one question... Why have you built up the sides of the cockpit? I'm just curious as I wasn't aware there was anything wrong with them, and as such hadn't done anything to the ones on my own Bucc.

Keep up the good work though as this is looking great and along with the other Bucc getting built on the forums just now, this is serving as inspiration to keep mine going!

Regards,

Nik

These photo's show that there's a raised "lip"to the inside of the cockpit opening. This is something the kit doesn't have. Got this tip from another Buccaneer builder. I just need to sand them down a bit.

27528889381_f760dc06dc_m.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

27324598040_4d92a47894.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

27601709615_06e92ee0e7.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

27528920561_268a32d5c9.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

• Like 1