EA-6B Prowler 1/48 Kinetic

Hi Guys,

I'm on a roll, so here is my last one before you get bored.

This is my Kinetic 1/48 scale EA-6B, straight from the kit, with kit decals. Its a joy to build, but time consuming to paint, as it has so many colours> red, white, and 3 shades of gray, plus the preshading.

27346239011_6437434d00_c.jpg

EA-6B-1 by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

27346226031_0d7d430621_c.jpg

SONY DSC by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

The wing folds are a total joy to build and look fantastic on the finished model.

26810452533_44e406f973_c.jpg

SONY DSC by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

The weathering is heavy, but they do get a tad messy. The walkways are airbrushed on as you don't get them in the kit and you can make them look so much better with the airbrush.

27417441985_ac7cb04dc9_c.jpgSONY DSC by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

The seats have straps made from tomato puree tin wrapper, which means you can mould them to whatever direction you want.

27417429925_bbc491d570_c.jpg

EA-6B-6 by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

That's it, C & C welcome again.

Tony

• Like 47

Absolutely stunning!

The intruder family is a real favorite of mine and you've done this one a real justice. Very very crisp painting and you say it's heavily weathered but to me looks spot on!

I want one!

You say out of the box, does that mean it comes with the tug too?

Cheers for sharing.

Ben.

Hi Ben,

Its all completely out of the box. And yes you do get the tug depending on which kit you buy. The nerve jingling bit was cutting the wings so you can fold them, and securing the wing folds requires 3 hands!! With the supports they supply with the kit its (fairly) secure.

If I'd done a CAG machine it wouldn't be half as dirty and weathered, but I made a CAG E-2 last year and made it cleanish. This time I could have done the same but I wouldn't learn a new technique about weathering. You can teach an old dog new tricks if you want to!!

Thanks for the great comments and hope it gets people motivated to make some kits for us to see,

Tony

• Like 1

Great work and love the paint work this is another kit on my wish list .

Guy

Hi mark,

It was the late one, as I had to cut the wings off. It's not as bad as it sounds as the two halves are held together at the front and back of the wings by about 4mm of plastic. Very easy to separate a knife did one and a razor saw did the other.

Tony

• 3 years later...

Pedro, that model looks great!  :clap2: Very well done and fine representation of the type!   I've always loved the A-6 family and the variety found within.  I finished a 1/48 Revell A-6E TRAM about three years ago and it was one of my first models to show here at BM.   You might like a look at her too:  😀

Revell A-6E TRAM