I feew the need....F-14 1/144

Hi guys,

Its been a LONG while since I last posted, please forgive me.

Here is my latest effort, a Revell 1/144 scale F-14A Tomcat, which is a great kit. The photo's aren't great, so it may have taken out some of the errors!! I photoshopped out the stand on the first 2 pictures, but nothing else, as I don't know how to do anything else?

Comments and critics welcome.

27392185835_dac23a6f66_h.jpgF-14-1 by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

27321014871_d0f7413255_k.jpgF-14-2 (2) by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

27392183965_0fa7931962_z.jpg

F-14-2 by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

27321013121_f900c32ec3_z.jpg

F-14-4 by tonyrichard24759, on Flickr

• Like 31

Hi Pedro,

absolutly brilliant work! I build the greater sister of her at the moment (1:48) and i must say you made an awesome job :Tasty:

Oliver

Thanks guys for all of the positive comments.

The Revell F-14 is a superb kit, it goes together so well. The trick is the painting. It has so much detail you have to pick where the pre-shading is going to go, and then be subtle, as you are covering most of it up. On the plus side you can get away with a dirty Tomcat as they are clean as a whistle at the start of a cruise & filthy at the end.

Regards,

Tony

What a cracking little Tomcat, it looks superb, good job on the painting of such a small model. I like 1/48 so I can have a big 'canvas', so this is impressive indeed!

The first three pictures look really good, then the fourth one really makes the point of how good a job you've done on such a small scale. Excellent work.

• 4 weeks later...

Love this build, the shading looks perfect, I build almost always in 144 and know how difficult these kits can be to deliver such a high standard.

Excellent work, what paints did you use? The colours and finish look spot on, well done and I look forward to your next build.