1/48 - Yakovlev Yak-28PP "Brewer-E" by Bobcat Hobby Model Kits - released - Mini World air intakes

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, salomon said:

The kit is really awesome, any help for the cockpit reference of th Yak-28PP? I can't find any interresting link for that version.

- I made some searches prior building my  28 PPr, that's all I've been able to find about the cockpit and nose of the beast

kZHXEH.jpg

y7i076.jpg

bTzBDl.jpg

I6y7BS.jpg

7dDYXw.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It's really not simple to find any cockpit's picture on line, much easier with the other aircraft as the Sukhoi's family, if you have other picture reference, plaese share with us, thanks again.

Strange how the aftermarket has generally passed these by. The cockpit and undercarriage was nicely detailed in the Firebar kit but the seats seemed a little sparse on detail.  Be nice to see some aftermarket seats for these from the likes of Neomega. On my Firebar I made up some straps from foil and etched buckles based on the photos posted here and on line and was quite pleased with the results but I'm sure the resin pattern makers would outshine my efforts.

2 hours ago, neilh said:

Strange how the aftermarket has generally passed these by. The cockpit and undercarriage was nicely detailed in the Firebar kit but the seats seemed a little sparse on detail.  Be nice to see some aftermarket seats for these from the likes of Neomega. On my Firebar I made up some straps from foil and etched buckles based on the photos posted here and on line and was quite pleased with the results but I'm sure the resin pattern makers would outshine my efforts.

- All too often, aftermarket people react long after the kit has arrived on the market, enough for the interest for the model starting to vanish....

Now that's interesting - since I really rate their products, I definitely looked on the Neomega site when I started building my Firebar and also recall some discussion here about adapting currently available seats, but I'm sure these were not listed for the Yak -28 at that time ( this time last year?). Wonder if they are new since then. Seat straps look very different to the images I found on line and also the Eduard etched set, which seem to be more " cruciform" rather than straight belts?

- BREWER seats have some visible differences on the head rest and probably more other elsewhere compared to the KK-2 offered by Pavla justifying their designation KK-5 , so the kit seat may be used   after slight modification being made. For mine I've just added a red ejection handle on the left side and used spare Eduard Mig 21 straps. I know they are not the exact things but it looks like and the effect is not disturbing

6LijhX.jpgaqjH1h.jpg

myZpK6.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, those were images I used for reference on mine when adding the belts. As I said, I was very pleased with the outcomes, but it was quite time consuming so maybe I'm just being lazy hoping someone else will do my work for me!

30 minutes ago, salomon said:

- Some caution are  to be taken in account if you wish to built a Cold war vintage Brewer using the walkaround photos as model this outside exposed for long time machine colors are very faded and weathered .and difficult to determine.

exhU0U.jpg

• Like 1