1/72 Heller Concorde

This is my new project and I have wanted to build it for awhile, it is going to be a fun one. I seem to have a knack for old cruddy kits this will be the third large bird I am doing after the B-1B and SR-71. To start off I washed all the sprues in soapy water because they were very oily from whenever they might have been molded. The kit comes in a couple different color sprues. The panel lines range from sharp and crisp to wide trenches with no form so some filing and rescribing will defiantly be needed.
IMG_0659_zpsajbqll6k.jpg IMG_0660_zpsl21jldbd.jpg IMG_0661_zpsfzkcbi5y.jpg IMG_0662_zps9vkk5cwr.jpg IMG_0663_zpsl1pqa4u5.jpg IMG_0664_zps1mdbwvx5.jpg IMG_0665_zpssq7eyehg.jpg IMG_0666_zpsvtvir79x.jpg
IMG_0672_zpsu9qs9m2w.jpg
The tires are rubber and not very good but I don't really care because I'm doing it in flight gear up. IMG_0667_zps39pcejun.jpgThe clear parts are okay, I have seen worse. They are a bit scratched up but nothing a polish and some future can't fix.
IMG_0668_zps6ogvpfrh.jpg IMG_0669_zpsqqust07w.jpg
IMG_0670_zpsq6o7csz7.jpg
The decal sheet is huge, one of the biggest I have seen. I plan on getting some AM decals for this so I don't have to deal with these if they are cruddy.
IMG_0671_zpsvrxi6nil.jpg
Stay tuned for updates hope to have one up soon

• Like 7

Good luck with this and have plenty of filler handy! This is one kit I keep meaning to add to my stash and to actually build. Maybe I will find one going cheap somewhere.

Martin

• Like 1

I'd love one or two of these but the issues the kit has keep putting me off. I'll be watching this build for sure.

If the decals are a bit cruddy, try asking Revell nicely if you could buy a set from their current release of the kit. I haven't seen it but I'm pretty certain it'll be very well done.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Watching it with interest.

I have the Revell issue of this kit and I am planning to start construction soon.

The Revell decal set is huge and very well done with a lot more details than the Heller version.I think Revell's decal set is done by DACO,so qualitywise it should be spotless

Are you going to correct shape issues?

Have not decided yet if I'm going to attempt the shape issues

I've got a work in process going on too; http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234997608-airfix-172-concorde-a-rookies-attempt/...shout if you want any advice on things as it's a challenge to say the least!

Yes I definitely will, and I will take a look though your build for tips.

Watching it with interest.

I have the Revell issue of this kit and I am planning to start construction soon.

The Revell decal set is huge and very well done with a lot more details than the Heller version.I think Revell's decal set is done by DACO,so qualitywise it should be spotless

I was going to by some AM decals anyways because the the Heller ones are thick and stiff, but this is another good option.

Update one
As usual the first place I started was the cockpit. Originally I was not going to do any extra work into the cockpit, however you can actually see quite a bit more than I originally thought through the glass. So the cockpit as it comes is very basic. To start the rear bulkhead is wrong as to where it sits and how it looks. The bulk head was trimmed and the doorway cut out. A hall was then made and and a door that will sit partially open when finished. I also added some panels based on photos to the sides of the cockpit as there was too much empty space, the real cockpit is very tight. The seats which are very basic also had arm rests added to them which they were lacking. I still have more work to do on the cockpit before it is done.
Basic original cockpit
IMG_0673_zpsay3owevv.jpg
IMG_0674_zpslpl1yuip.jpg
Bulkhead for reference
bulk_zpseh7mwojh.png
Original Bulkhead
IMG_0695_zpsiax4a6ve.jpg
New Bulkhead
IMG_0708_zpsas4den8k.jpg
IMG_0709_zpsmic2t5xt.jpg
IMG_0702_zpsly8q1g0h.jpg
Side panels
IMG_0705_zpszvppltvn.jpg
Seats
IMG_0675_zpsxiwvviic.jpg
The model is designed to have a movable nose, but I am not going to use it so it will be glued in the up position. There is going to be quite a bit of filling and sanding needed for the nose section.
IMG_0696_zpszzvlgmgu.jpg
IMG_0697_zpsowyaiimc.jpg
IMG_0698_zpsl7xzowjj.jpg
Thanks for looking

• Like 5