Sad news at Hannants Colindale.

Julien

Just seen this, sad news.

Dear Customers and Friends,

With regret I have to put these words together. We have been deeply saddened by the sudden and sad loss of our team member and friend Robert Plumridge who died in hospital over the bank holiday period of a unsuspected brain tumour. This, coupled with the imminent departure of our long serving shop manager Garry Linsdell, means that there will have to be changes at the shop. Garry has been at this post for approximately 25 years but is moving on to pastures new. We all wish him well in his new post. With all this going on I am left with hard choices and the compromise will be as follows.

As from June 13th 2016 Hannants of London Ltd will be changing its opening times to -

Thursday & Friday from 11.00am & close at 7.00pm

Saturday 9.30am to 5.00pm and now to include Sunday opening from 11.00am to 4.00pm.

We will be closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Basically I will be operating a four day week until further notice.

All other aspects of the business remain unchanged.

Your continued support will be appreciated.

Best regards

Carmel Zammit

Director

• Like 2

I think it has been posted elsewhere on Britmodeller, but considering the nature of the news, worthy of a repeat post.

I think anyone who knew Bob will miss him. My condolences go out to his family.

Chris.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for sharing. I ticked the "like this post" but probably the wrong phrase, and no disrespect intended. It's rare that I get into London these days, so without this timely update I would never have known, and thus probably put my foot in it when next visiting. 

Totally understandable the reduced opening hours as a consequence, I shall remain a loyal customer regardless. Very sad to hear of Robert's demise :(