The Eagle has landed (F-15C Hasegawa 1/72)

Dear Colleagues

The Hasegawa F-15C is pleasant though slightly dated kit. It is well engineered and fits pretty well. My only angst was getting the decals to set on the missiles from the Hasegawa missile set, ooof! The missile load out I got from very magazines and internet searches.

F-15%20nose%20close%201%20of%201_zps9lw6

IMG_4829_zpsu9cvcbqv.jpg

F-15%20port%20upper%201%20of%201_zpsaykr

Sorry it is not very British, but it set against a backdrop of photos of my local RAF base!

F-15%20exhaust%201%20of%201_zpsjbcn6dxx.

Yep, those are resin exhausts!

Andrew

• Like 33

:wow: And I mean: :wow:

Very realistic, doesn't look 1/72 at all. In fact, it looks just real!!! :frantic:

:clap::clap::clap:

:worthy:

Ciao

Edited by giemme

Hello,Andrew - My compliments to you on a beautifully built,finished and displayed 'Bitburg Eagle'.The 36th.TFW would be proud to have her on the ramp.I love it. ;) All the best,Paul.

Fantastic model. Funnily enough, am just about to start the same kit from the same wing for the 80s NATO GB, courtesy of Two Bobs' decal sheet 'Eifel Eagles'. Love the finish on your eagle - always awkward to get right, but you have done a great job.

Paul

Thanks McDonnell

Am I right in thinking there is no more 36 TFW or Biburg airbase? Still the F-15 Eagle is a remarkable design that still defends our Western airspace

Andrew

You're right: 36th FW disbanded in October 1994 and Bitburg AB became a civiilian airport after that...

​Hi Paul R

My advice with the camo would be to use the Gunze paints and then when you are done overspray with the lighter grey (thinned) so that the two colours blend in a calm way. Think I cut masks with a sharp knife from Tamiya tape for this one

Good luck and farewell 36th TFW!

Andrew

Wow, that's some lovely USAFE nostalgia. Nice build and finish - I love the setting and the atmosphere. (Though the inboard wing pylon AIM-120 could do with another Sidewinder instead, to make it more historically accurate - but that's just this nerd talking- I like the load out anyhow!)

Jay