B-25 STGB Chat

Skids

Please count me in. Plan A is the new Airfix kit with markings for something in 1943, but I have two Hasegawa J-models (a glass nose and the Revell rebox of the hard nose strafer version) already in my stash to fall back on.

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon

I think that I will join this Gb with the future Airfix Mitchell (but I already have the Hasegawa J model in my stash ) so count me in please ..   

Patrice

I have just bought this weekend a B-25G from Academy (Acc. Miniatures) in 1/48. Might be interesting to do that for this GB.

Cheers,

Welcome aboard chaps

Right as I have never done this before and the numbers are creeping up is there anyone who would be interested in being a co-host?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 03/01/2018 at 18:31, Enzo Matrix said:

Looks like the new Airfix kit has been put back to February.  :(  That's cutting it fine.

I panicked too early! :banghead:   The kit has been put back to February but the GB doesn't start until the end of March, so there's still a bit of leeway.

I've been trying to talk myself into doing a 1/48 B-25A conversion, with that weird glass tail.  (I'd prefer to keep the "flat" dihedral, because I think it looks better, and certainly more Mitchellish- not to mention it would save some pain and suffering.)  But I'm not saying that this is what I would do for the Group Build...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies chaps, not been on for a few months due to other commitments. 

So nearly here then, and time to dust off my kit and clear the model desk and attempt to build something.

I have the Accurate Miniatures B-25B, and if I can find decals I may try for a Mitchell Mk1. If not it will be a Dolittle Raider

I only recently got a B-25J from Revell (Monogram) with red cow  markings ..... 1/48

:cowboy::cow6:

would be an option here, no?

how do you guys rate this kit?

build-able or just waste of time?

thanks

cheers, 

Werner

3 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I only recently got a B-25J from Revell (Monogram) with red cow  markings ..... 1/48

:cowboy::cow6:

would be an option here, no?

how do you guys rate this kit?

build-able or just waste of time?

thanks

cheers, 

Werner

Ive built 6 of these over the years. Very buildable i have loads of spares in my stash as well. I will be building one of the Revellogram re-pops for this build myself. Just cant start it till may due to budgetary reasons. 

• Thanks 1