Convertion for MiG-21 ANALOG, 1/48...

Tonka

Well, I must confess Soviet jets are not my field so I am confused about what Eduard 1/48 kit

would be the best way to convert it to the ANALOG MiG-21 ?

Thanks

Tonka

I don't do 1:48, so I'm not well versed in the Eduard line of kits until they release them in Gentlemen's Scale, but the real Analog was based on the MiG-21M Izdeliye 96 / Fishbed-J.

HTH,

Andre

• Like 1

Hi, Tonka

Both Analogs were converted MiG-21S, which were the first of second generation of MiG-21s. MiG-21M was an export version of S with downgraded radar and avionics, but with added cannon. Eduard does not produce S version, but externally S differs from M and MF only in absence of 23-mm cannon. My advice: if you insist on Eduard, take MiG-21MF Weekend Edition. Regards

Jure

• Like 1

Hi, Jure , in fact I have only thoughts about this one since even the kit I have . I plan to use the AMC kit

as a basis more the excellent Eduard kit to perform a very nice Analog.

Thanks for Your attention.

AMC4805.jpg

Tonka

• Like 1

Hi, Tonka

If perfection is your goal, combining Eduard and AMC kit will get you far. I am far less ambitious. A long time ago I got VEB Plasticart Tu-144 and built it by the evening of the same days (good old days). I still have pieces of the model somewhere, along with remains of VEB Plasticart MiG-21. Both models are approximately 1/100 and occasionally I am toying with an idea of rebuilding both kits and converting the latter into Analog configuration. Regards

Jure

P.S.: Nice drawing of 1st GAVCA P-47. Does it comes from the box art?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the pics Flankerman,I really appreciate that.

Jure, thanks for Your help I am going to purchase the Eduard MiG from Hannants. EDK84126.jpg

The P-47 Illustration is

a pic of a painting , I am glad You liked it .

Here I believe, since I am not an expert in computers, is an large image of it.

Thanks

Tonka

861647-1280x800-p47-thunderbolt-train-at

Edited by Tonka
  • Like 1