Hello All,

Sweet Model Co 1/144 109F in its winter camouflage boxing. This aircraft depicts Hans Eckhardt-Bob's aircraft winter 41-42 in the Leningrad area.

Finished with Gunze Acrylics, Oils and an Enamel wash.

Ozmods Pilot, Propblur etch propeller blade. Apart from that it's OOB. It is for a group build over on kampfgruppe144. Drop by if you want to see some 1/144 stuff.

006_2.jpg

007_1.jpg

008.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ian

• Like 10

I have this kit built up but not painted yet and seeing how well you've done this one I'm not sure I'll ever paint it. That is so good.

The thing that is putting me off is knowing how much to lighten the paints by for scale, did you add any white to the paints or go straight from the pot?

Duncan B

I have this kit built up but not painted yet and seeing how well you've done this one I'm not sure I'll ever paint it. That is so good.

The thing that is putting me off is knowing how much to lighten the paints by for scale, did you add any white to the paints or go straight from the pot?

Duncan B

Hello Duncan, Thanks for commenting.... The airframe was primed with Tamiya fine primer. then the airframe was preshaded in navy blue. The base coats of Gunze Acrylics were misted on., particularly the RLM80. The blue undersides had a little lightening on the moveable surfaces (ailerons and flaps). As I had a white base some areas are a little lighter on the upper surfaces. Then I applied a thin coat of H316 white, this was misted on and built up. After gloss coasting a significant amount of the white seemed to disappear. I built it up with a combination of Abteilung 502 oils (white). the mottle effect is the oil paint diluted with a little white spirit and applied with a small rounded good quality brush. The final task was a wash with a very pale blue grey. The MiG products winter camouflage transformation set is very handy. If you want a bit more info and some WIP pics there is a build log on http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.PHP?f=37&t=4577&start=10

Ian

• Like 1

Either your Tamiya glue container is 1 foot high, or you are a magician for obtaining such a fantastic result on such a midget scale...

Congrats are definitely de rigueur!

To be honest, the only thing that puts me off is the "blurred" prop, but there again it is a matter of taste!

JR

Hello Jean,

You may well be right about the etch, Personally I don't mind it in smaller scales. I have seen some good work done with clear plastic discs that have been cut from old CD cases but I don't have the gear to do it. I guess I could try clear sheets of acetate, but I'm not sure how to get the blur effect. Must do some further research. Thanks for the comment though. It is always good to get constructive feedback in order to improve my skills.

Ian

• 1 month later...