This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hello everyone.

By no means a recent kit, but another from the loft which really hasn't fared well. Fitting the upper wing was always a problem and sure enough a recent look inside the box showed that after its' last showing the wing had come away, together with struts and a tangle of nylon monofilament. I don't think I have the patience to re-build it so it stays in its box until another day. The photographs will have to suffice - fortunately I took quite a few, including a record of the construction. I'm a bit sad about it really as I was pleased with the result. It was a nice kit, in spite of all the resin (not my favourite medium), and all the markings were sprayed using the masks supplied. I tried their Fury after this and really struggled with it, which made me appreciate how good the Gamecock was in comparison.

Haris

Gamecock%202.jpg

Gamecock%201_1.jpg

Gamecock%203.jpg

Gamecock%204.jpg

Beautifully done, a real cracker!

A wonderful biplane !

I love biplanes.

Well it came out a LOT better then mine! I really struggled with the masks but I liked the kit itself so I picked up the Alleycat offering with "proper" decals to tackle sometime.

Stunning, a true work of art, especially with those nice 23 sqn colours. Weathering is superb. I'll be bookmarking this.

Jay

Superb build Haris,one of the most beautiful inter war RAF aircraft.

:goodjob: A lovely looking bird... if only could find one in 1/72.

Hi there.

Look around. Aeroclub did a 1/72 limited run injection moulded kit, whilst Czech Master did a resin one. I picked up a couple of Aeroclub ones for a few pounds each at shows not so long ago.

Haris

Hi there.

Look around. Aeroclub did a 1/72 limited run injection moulded kit, whilst Czech Master did a resin one. I picked up a couple of Aeroclub ones for a few pounds each at shows not so long ago.

Haris

I've only been looking for a few months, nothing yet. :weep:

Superb - great result on your Gamecock model

Regards

Dave