Short Sterling by Pino Lombardi

Yellow13

Hi All: Has anyone read the new work on the "Short Stirling" by Pino Lombardi? I am a fan of the Stirling and would like to add a good book on it to my reference library. I don't mind paying for good works but this title isn't being given away at my regular on line book seller. If it is even close to Robert Kirby's fantastic Avro Manchester or K.A. Merrick's equally good Halifax: From Hell to Victory and Beyond I will order it with confidence that I am getting a good buy. TIA John R. :book:

Thanks for the heads up on mispelling Stirling can't imagine what I was thinking.

Edited by Yellow13

It's a Stirling not a Sterling and the book is excellent. (You need to use "Full Editor" to edit the title)

The author is chairman of the Stirling group restoring one and appears to know everything there is to know about them.

I have both of the other books you mention and it's quite comparable to them.

Many thanks for the recommendation. I will order it tonight. I can't believe I mispelled Stirling :banghead: . I am hoping that Airfix will do a new tool Stirling in the near future as well as a new Halifax I seldom build in 1/72nd but I doubt we will be seeing a 1/48th Stirling anytime soon. John R