Vazar Turbo Otter

I'm currently working on the same model. The resin conversion and the decals are currently available from Khee Kha in Alaska for a bargain $25 plus shipping. Khee Kha's website is http://www.mtaonline.net/~zdk/index.htm There are some wonderfully esoteric inter-wars civil subjects in the range and Lars Opland, the guy behind Khee Kha, is one of the nicest and most helpful guys on earth.

Hi Graham. Am a bit envious that you have flown in one. But I am hoping to get a trip in September when I will be visiting Vancouver again. I have seen pics of the new scheme. Quite smart.

Almost done now. The main aeroplane build is done but I will need to re do the prop. I don't like the prop blade markings. The figures are in place plus some 'boxes' and a crate/ The boxes are form seat bases from some kit or other. The crate from a railwya set I had lurking in my spares from many yonks ago!

IMG_9757_zpsotv5vw4i.jpg

The white blobs at the feet of the figures is PVA by the way.

IMG_9760_zps7pmh9oqs.jpg

IMG_9761_zps9gqxum6z.jpg

IMG_9763_zpshmtb65ug.jpg

I made this gang plank affair . Its from an Ice lolly stick found in my stack of 'timber' , stiff wire for the stanchions and plastic rod for the hand rails.

IMG_9764_zpsebanjhz0.jpg

And here, its almost complete. The 'non slip' tread is form a slice of finest grade wet and dry glued in place where as the painting is doe with a light silvery grey.

IMG_9765_zpsgdp8sekg.jpg

A sort of preview of the practically finished build. The gangplank in place. As with all dioramas, one can keep adding things. I will look to add a couple more bits but 'less is more'!! :winkgrin:

• Like 3

That's by far the most formally dressed bush pilot I've ever seen anywhere! Most Harbour Air pilots are lucky if they're seen in a white short sleeve shirt and a tie at the start of the day. The tie often goes adrift if there's heavy lifting involved in the loading.

• Like 1

Nice one Paul. You do always seem to find some nice decals and conversion sets. I really like the Harbour Air scheme, like Radleigh says, shame we have probably missed out on this one. I could do with some nice bush flying schemes for Otters/Twotters/Beavers/Norsemen etc, any pointers?

Whats with the lengthened floats, is that a Turbo Otter thing? or something to be aware of on a standard Otter floatplane?

Sorry for all the questions, model looks good.

The floats are lengthened due to the COG moving, it would have the risk of tipping forward with the longer nose and shorter floats..

Radleigh

You might be able to get one from Kee-Kha Products in the United States: http://www.mtaonline.net/~zdk/index.htm

Thanks Richard! Sorry for replying so late, I had forgot to check back.

That's by far the most formally dressed bush pilot I've ever seen anywhere! Most Harbour Air pilots are lucky if they're seen in a white short sleeve shirt and a tie at the start of the day. The tie often goes adrift if there's heavy lifting involved in the loading.

Hi Jessica. Yeah he is a bit smart. But I just wanted to use up bits from my spares and these figures popped up. The scene would look a bit bland I thought without people. There a lot of things that I could add but as mentioned an an above post... less is more!

I hope to finish it over the next few evenings.

I really like the Harbour Air scheme, like Radleigh says, shame we have probably missed out on this one. I could do with some nice bush flying schemes for Otters/Twotters/Beavers/Norsemen etc, any pointers?

Hi Smudge,

Wet Beavers are my favourite subject and I've managed to locate the following decals;

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (unknown who created by),

Finnish Border Guard - Arctic Decals - ARC72-024

K2 Aviation - Arctic Decals - ARC72-034

ROC Army - Bestfong - 72093

USAF - Delta Publishing - DD-72-001

Royal Netherlands AF Historic Flight - Flevo - FD72-022

Finnish Air Force - GalDecal - 72-007

A.N.A.R.E. - Hawkeye - AAF-021

Transit Air - LN Decals - LN72-LE06

Norving - LN Decals - LN72-502

Wideroe - LN Decals - LN72-506 & LN48-01

British Antarctic Aviation - S&M Silk - SSM72-008

Beaver Selection - Max Decals - MAX-7208

A.N.A.R.E - Southern Sky Models - SSM-075

B.C.Airlines - Thunderbird - 72-007

Pacific Western - Whiskey Jack Decals - 72-020

No doubt there are others, and I know that Thunderbird's will be looking to add more in the future, but those are what I've got in my stash at the moment.

If anyone has any others, or want to part with anything Beaver'ish, then please let me know, as I'm your man.

Edited by The Cameraman