We need a new one. Eduard is the only game in town, what I know.

DSC02654.jpg

Painted with Humbrol colors.

DSC02655.jpg

Pierre Clostermann made the plane famous.

DSC02656.jpg

It must have been a brutal plane to fly.

DSC02658.jpg

• Like 16

Fantastic !!!

OK , If you read Pierre Clostermann's book "Le grand Cirque'

in English "The big Circus" you can notice than neither the Typhoon,

nor the Tempest were aircraft easy to fly.

Both were a very wild pack and very difficult to master.

They both had huge engines which delivered a lot of power, and the pilots had to do with that power.

Edited by polo1112
  • Like 1

you're a better modeller than I am! I didn't even attempt to build this kit. I like your build! I thought I saw somewhere that Eduard (?) was going to do a new tool Tempest soon. :please:

• Like 1

you're a better modeller than I am! I didn't even attempt to build this kit. I like your build! I thought I saw somewhere that Eduard (?) was going to do a new tool Tempest soon. :please:

Thank you. Let's hope for a new one.

Thanks for nice comments. It's an old Eduard kit and they are a little bit tricky.

• Like 1

Nice build. There was an Limited Edition Eduard boxing with nice resin and etch parts but it still had the thick wings and horizontal to deal with (AlleyCat did a correction for the latter one). Barracuda has better wheels but you are right - we need a new tool one. Eduard knows :-)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234976000-148-hawker-tempest-by-eduard-2016-release/

René

• Like 2

nice one - like that sturdy bird. And yes, it seems to have been indeed a hell of plane to fly - one had to be careful to not be killed by the gazoline vapour which got into the cockpit. The book "le grand Cirque" from Clostermann is a "must read" for the WWII aviation buff.

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1

nice one - like that sturdy bird. And yes, it seems to have been indeed a hell of plane to fly - one had to be careful to not be killed by the gazoline vapour which got into the cockpit. The book "le grand Cirque" from Clostermann is a "must read" for the WWII aviation buff.

Cheers,

Michael

I do think that I read it for many years ago. The best part to be old is that you forget what you read so you can read it again!

• Like 2