Revell 1/72 Ju88A-4 Yet Another One

Sorry I'm late to start this one everyone, real life got in the way again!

Revells new(ish) 'A-4 kit seems popular in this GB, so why not add another to the list?

Pics will follow tomorrow when I can dig out the camera, so this is a place holder for now. Not sure what scheme to go with yet, I need to order some paint masks from big H anyway, so I'll have a look at the AM sheets available and see if anything grabs me.

Other than that, this will be a simple plain jane OOB build, except maybe some seat belts.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Well, so much for photo's soon.

Anyway, with so many Revell JU88's in this GB, I didn't see the need to post pics of the box or sprues, I'm sure you've all seen them already ;)

Also not worthy of pics are the subassemblies I managed to build, wings, fin, waggly things, etc. However this isn't a completely photo free post, as I have gotten the cockpit mostly done.

20160621_2347501.jpg

Main colour is Halfords white primer washed with Citadel Nuln Oil, it works rather like a combination wash/filter, tinting the white and shading it at the same time, time saving is important around here! Details were picked out in a variety of acrylics, prior to applying the wash and closing the fuselage sides.

It seems to have taken forever to get this far, but I hope things will get faster now as there is a singular lack of much detail aft of the crew compartment, certainly nowhere near what I put into my Liberator ;)

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Has it really been 3 weeks since the last update? Oh well, the patio is down, so back to the bench it is.

To start with, I noticed I'd forgotten to put the Instrument panel decal on:

20160630_201746-1.jpg

So out came the extra thin and blade, and I separated the IP cowling from the rest if the cockpit assembly:

20160630_201802-1.jpg

Then on went the decal after separating the Compass?

20160630_202526-1.jpg

Then, after replacing the IP cowling, I added the flying surfaces and gear nacelles, and some seat belts from Tamiya Tape:

20160713_203320.jpg

I think the belts are too wide, but I guess once the canopy is on, it will give the right impression. Finally it was on with the bomb carriers and to put the engine cowlings together:

20160713_203607.jpg

20160713_203655.jpg.

Now that the canopy masks have arrived from Hannants, I can start thinking about getting some filler and primer on over the weekend, if the kids give me the chance ;)

Edited by bull-nut
  • Like 4

Nice progress. I think that the build will slow down with all those small parts still to be done.

Just ask me how I know.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it hasn't stopped completely! I haven't been able to get the primer on yet (I have a plan for that), but I managed to grab an hour or so tonight to mask all of the transparencies, and fit the greenhouse nose so that I'm no longer in danger of knocking off those incredibly fragile rudder pedals. I also glued together the gondola and main canopy, and fitted the propeller spindles. I will leave off the power eggs until final assembly, as I have chosen to build the box art aircraft, painting all that yellow will be easier without having to mask them. I hope it will also give me a cleaner finish at the end. All those flexible guns I will add at the end as well.

No pics just yet I'm afraid, all of the batteries are flat. I'll try and get some tomorrow.

• Like 1