Tamiya SU-76M ...

Thanks smuts, now I NEEEEED to go and buy yet another kit. SWMBO will not be happy.

The SU-76 is one of my favourite Soviet SPG's, even though it is plug ugly.

Looking forward to seeing how this builds up.

Hi guys,

going together really fast this one!!!, Hull ,superstructure & gun built up & sprayed

Army painter black primer....

101_0708_zpsz6qlborz.jpg

Hi guys,

build breakdown, seats base sprayed NATO brown....

101_0709_zpsli2wv9pw.jpg

• Like 2

Great progress thus far smuts.

Wow, that's flying together.....Be a bit cautious with Army Painter primers, they can do evil things unexpectedly:

AndItsFucked-1_zpsd4410a41.jpg

That is some nasty stuff right there. Any ideas what caused it?

I have a can of that stuff (never used) on top of my spray booth, seeing this makes me think I should throw it in the bin and avoid the risks.

Wow, that's flying together.....Be a bit cautious with Army Painter primers, they can do evil things unexpectedly:

AndItsFucked-1_zpsd4410a41.jpg

That looks great for old metal, gone to rust, and then painted. Horrible for well maintained surfaces though.

The boss at Army Painter actually sent me half a dozen cans and a dozen or so different nozzles to experiment with as (part of) an apology for the mess you see above.....To date I've not been able to recreate the problem. :shrug:

I'm of the opinion that it may have been a faulty batch, a couple of BM members (at least) were unlucky enough to be caught out. Given the effort modellers here put into their builds I think it's probably worth warning of the potential for problems.....Test it before you use it and at the first hint of a problem, stop. :coolio: