1/144 Roden British Airways Vickers Super VC10

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 4:34 PM, bzn20 said:

'GR that fetched up at Palm Beach

I forgot to mention that with the other info from nearly 2 years ago !

SGR was at Abingdon in June 92 sat on sleepers/pallets etc. no wheels . I've had conversations with people about SGR being at Filton. I saw a super over there in 94 . I can't believe they flew it there and by road ,A34/M4 and M5 to Bristol . Not impossible but the wings would have had to be removed and the fuselage split into at least 3 parts like Standard fuse length XR808's move to Cosford , fin being another split . When I saw what ever it was over at Palm Beach was more or less in one piece so it's a mystery why rebuild it if it was SGR . There was a Super VC10 at Filton that was removed from the conversion because of the state it was in . No idea which one it was , I was about half a mile  away . BTW I robbed the Flt Eng's throttles off SGR ( still around but gave it to my Dad as he was a VC10 Flt Eng ) and the cockpit wasn't in very good nick and loads of stuff removed and damaged , when I was chopping through Throttle control rods . Which I had permission for I might add . I wish I'd taken the "Baby Aeroplane" from the overhead centre panel too .Another reason why it never flew I'm pretty sure of that . The amount of work required to get that off the ground would have been more than the K4 conversion . As I said it's a mystery !

Edited by bzn20

• 2 weeks later...