Bandai "Vehicle Model" Star Destroyer

SDwatermark.jpg

SD2watermark.jpg

SD3watermark.jpg

SD4watermark.jpg

Bandai "Vehicle Model" Star Destroyer; finished in Tamiya & Vallejo acrylics, 502 Abteilung oils, and MIG Productions enamels.
I primed the model black and then gave it a coat of Tamiya Flat White darkened with a little Light Grey. After that, I cut a bunch of tiny pieces of masking tape to a simple "Aztec pattern" on the hull. Then I lightened the original base color with more white and sprayed the ship. After I pulled the tape off, I felt that the panels were a little too dark so I dusted them with the base color to tone them down a bit. I put a coat of Future on the model and when it dried, I gave the recesses a wash using 502 Abteilung Oil Faded Grey and gave some of the darker areas a wash of toned down Mig Productions Dark Wash (enamel). Once everything was dried, I'll gave it a matte coat it and pick out some small details with a brush using Vallejo Game Color Ghost Grey. The decal was lifted from the AT-ST kit.
  • Like 12

Looking good. But why does it has "digital camouflage"? Don't remember that in the movie.

Looking good. But why does it has "digital camouflage"? Don't remember that in the movie.

It's not digital camo, it's called Aztecing and it's done on a flat surface to give the impression that it's made up panels. Whether it's on the studio model is irrelevant; I didn't build a studio model replica. Google "star destroyer model" or look at the handful of other threads on here and you'll see it's a common thing to do.
  • Like 1

ScootyPuffJunior, got that. But I still think, that the squares are too bright....

Looks pretty damned good to me.....One colour in the Aztec-patterning is perhaps a little prominent, but it doesn't detract significantly from the overall finish IMHO. :coolio:

PS - Kudos from me for even attempting the Aztec-patterning.....The masking alone is enough to give me the heebies! :shutup:

Personally, considering the size of the model I think the larger aztecing suits the thing brilliantly.

I have found that when others have gone smaller that it actually does look like digital camouflage and breaks up the shape too much.

Very well done.