Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-7 Trop, Tamiya 1/48

The 109 E-7 Trop is not an actual finished model. She was finished last winter, but weather conditions are now the best ones and I´ve not posting this model here on britmodeller. (best european modelling forum ever ) :thumbsup:

This Tamiya kit is nowadays still topically. It`s nearly built out of the box, only minor additional details were added.

The list is short:

adding new rivets with "Rosie the riveter

some drain pipes

Trop filter from Eduard

Exhaust pipes from Moskit

Cockpit from True Detail

Background for photoshooting was my 1/48 hangar as for my Saab Gripen.

DSCN6561.jpg

DSCN6578.jpg

DSCN6586.jpg

DSCN6567.jpg

DSCN6572.jpg

DSCN6588.jpg

DSCN6564.jpg

DSCN6521.jpg

DSCN6525.jpg

DSCN6528.jpg

DSCN6530.jpg

DSCN6533.jpg

DSCN6536.jpg

DSCN6539.jpg

I hope I`ve not strained too much your nerves with too many pictures...

Thx for watching.

Greetz

Dirk

• Like 43

That's superb, love the hangar set up and the chipped cowling showing the original yellow paint job underneath :goodjob:

That's terrific. The airplane is excellent, but more than that I'm really impressed with the photography. The different choices of lighting look very well thought out. Next time you photograph a model in a setting like this I'd be really interested in seeing some photos of the set and what you're doing for lighting.

One puzzlement about the model is seeing the earlier type of canopy used on the E-1 and E-3 on an E-7.

• Like 1

That's terrific. The airplane is excellent, but more than that I'm really impressed with the photography. The different choices of lighting look very well thought out. Next time you photograph a model in a setting like this I'd be really interested in seeing some photos of the set and what you're doing for lighting.

One puzzlement about the model is seeing the earlier type of canopy used on the E-1 and E-3 on an E-7.

Niles, many thx, that you have discovered the mistake.

I`m not a nutcounter, 1 or 2 mm in lenght do not intererest me very much.

However, I always try to built a very exact reply of the original, so it is unexcusable to do such a mistake of a significant detail like the quarter canopy of an type 7 version.

I`ll try to fix that problem soon as possible.

Thx again for your hawkeyes and your knowledge.

Greetz

Dirk

Edited by Sarcococca

That's cheating it's the real thing !!!

Great job though and great photography.

Guy