German Modelling magazine "Modell Fan"

Whofan

While in Austria last week I picked up a copy of Modell Fan a German modelling magazine in the style of the Airfix magazine. It's not restriced to Airplanes, but I couldn't find another forum for general books and magazines.

I can't read German, so a lot of things were a blank, but it has various reviews of kits, builds, tips, and here's the front cover;

modell%20fan_zpsqonqng3k.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've seen copies of 'Modell Fan' although regrettably not in the UK. I can just get by reading German and it IS usually a good read.

My favourite European modelling magazine was the French 'Replic'', sadly no longer published. Whenever I or sometimes my wife went across the channel we'd look for it and if it was available, buy it, without looking at the contents. My French us awful but I managed to read it slowly with the help of a French / English dictionary

Happy days

Saw an advert in one of your English e.newspapers, that you can travel both ways across the channel for £1, presumably on a ferry - with that sort of cost factor in mind, trips to France to buy Duty Free fags and alcohol and modellers magazines, must be a weekend incentive - if not having a look at the illegal emigrants wanting to come and live next door?

Brooker

the Modellfan editor is Bertholdt Tacke (aka Wolfheart!) who is an absolute top man. You may have seen him at Telford in his motorised wheelchair, beaming away and always tralking to everyone. Well worth a chat with him as he seriously knows his history too

Modellfan do a series of 'Build' mags too - " KIT" (Modellbauschule issues); individual issues devoted to single machines/types (ie Panther/Stuka etc). You can find them on amazon very cheaply (a fiver). Well worth investing in

StukaimModell.jpg

StukaimModell2.jpg

StukaimModell3.jpg

• Like 1