Revell 1/72 201 Escuadron P-47D-30 Mexican Airforce

Hello Everyone,

I present to you, my P-47 of the 201 Escuadron Mexican Air Force. This was built for the P-47 GB earlier in the year, unfortunately due to me moving and being lazy, I didn't get her finished on time. I enjoyed the GB alot and loved all of the other models that where built there. I decided on this one as I saw a picture of it, when I was playing WarThunder and really liked the design. The model is the classic Revell 1/72 P-47 and the decals are from an AeroMaster sheet, which I wasn't too impressed with. Enjoy! Oh the build thread can be found **here**.

27118563142_2a3a33294f_b.jpg

27118561942_fc9f4ac0d9_b.jpg

27181209726_9079c3aca9_b.jpg

27215321535_f11dfd60fb_b.jpg

27181207096_9c65fd3697_b.jpg

27215320785_a36a31c403_b.jpg

27181205846_c665a0f6fd_b.jpg

27181204856_193dd69a2c_b.jpg

27118561682_9fb78e3b6f_b.jpg

I noticed that one of the gun barrels was bent, actually you can see it above closet to the wheel. I think this was done when my gf was cleaning the shelf it sits on. Oh well...

Thanks for looking!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 15

That's a great scheme Dazio, I have built a few Latin American Jugs using various sheets from the Aztec Decals range and still have a large stock of Hobby boss., Academy and Revell Thunderbolts in 1/72nd . The Mexican Expeditionary Force colours look terrific. I might have a go. I wish someone would make a P-47 kit with a dorsal fin they are a pain to have to add and get them to look right.

Trev.

• Like 1

That's a great scheme Dazio, I have built a few Latin American Jugs using various sheets from the Aztec Decals range and still have a large stock of Hobby boss., Academy and Revell Thunderbolts in 1/72nd . The Mexican Expeditionary Force colours look terrific. I might have a go. I wish someone would make a P-47 kit with a dorsal fin they are a pain to have to add and get them to look right.

Trev.

Thank you vh-bob, I would love to see pictures of the other Jugs if thats at all possible? I have used the Aztec Decals for an Mexican F-5E in 1/144 and loved them. I do wanna make some more Mexican aircraft, maybe something for the future? :)

Doesn't the Revell P-47M kit have one?

Keith

I think vh-bob means a kit where the dorsal fin is already on the model and not an add on bit?

A great looking Jug and a really interesting scheme. You don't see Mexican P-47s often.

Thank you Meatbox8, you do not see them often really. Usually they are in the "bigger" scales, they do have really interesting colours tho. :)

That's different and brilliant :goodjob: ...

Thank you very much Vince :)

Thanks all for the kind words. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I think vh-bob means a kit where the dorsal fin is already on the model and not an add on bit?

Ah right, sorry I get it now, I thought he was trying to avoid scratchbuilding it.

Glad to come in to the thread again to reply as I got another look at your lovely P-47!

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Dazz,

glad to see your Jug finished, at long last! Well, it was worth the wait! This model is superb, really.

It looks like you may have had some fun with the white, convoluted pattern at the front end of the cowling. Not an easy shape to obtain, so well done!

I have never had problems with Aeromaster decals. What went wrong with them?

Congrats on an extremely original Jug!

JR

• Like 1

Ah right, sorry I get it now, I thought he was trying to avoid scratchbuilding it.

Glad to come in to the thread again to reply as I got another look at your lovely P-47!

Keith

At least thats how I read it, I could be and probably am wrong tho :)

Thank you for the kind words, makes all the swearing worthwhile. ;)

Glad to see this one in RFI Dazzio, such a cool scheme.

Thank you Cookenbacher, it would've been in here sooner but I have been really lazy taking the pictures of it. :)

Hi Dazz,

glad to see your Jug finished, at long last! Well, it was worth the wait! This model is superb, really.

It looks like you may have had some fun with the white, convoluted pattern at the front end of the cowling. Not an easy shape to obtain, so well done!

I have never had problems with Aeromaster decals. What went wrong with them?

Congrats on an extremely original Jug!

JR

Cheers jean, you've just reminded me that I have still got my Hurricanes to finish yet... ooppss... the white paint on the cowling was "fun" indeed. I hate spraying white at the best of times, but I literally lashed it on and it came out really thick (oo-er miss!). The problem with the Aeromaster decals was that they did not wanna stick! They are really thick and didn't work well with MicroSet/Sol... might just be the age of them?

Lovely build.The P47 looks very tasty in Mexican colours.In fact,any of the Central/South American operated P47's are good looking machines.Well done.

It looks different that is for sure, I do wanna do a few more from the Central/South America areas, but not right now. I'm all jugged out :P Thank you for the kind words as well glatisant :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz