SM55X I-BALB (1/72 Delta 2 Kit)

On 2/5/2019 at 3:09 AM, jagmkx said:

Wally,

Following up on thew chance that you had time to see if you had the patterns for the SM55 Delta 2 kit that you mentioned a while back?  Thanks

right I am back from my road trip, I am conducting a search on my PC to see if I can find the original drawing file, I had a look in my spares box and found some left over decals ..just enough to do yours;

47055666831_8a660f806e_b.jpg20190211_100951 by wallycacsabre, on Flickr

pm me with your address and I'll send these on to you. If I find the original file I can make more copies if required

Wally,

Thanks very much for offering these decals!! Noticed that Dora Wings is releasing a 1/72 S-55 but so far I only see the non Balbo, two open pontoon cockpits version, not an enclosed center canopy like the 'Balbo' version. Since I have the Delta2 kit and know the challenge, I'm very appreciative of the decals which are for me the deal maker

correct for the 'Balbo'!  Clarence Novak

1595 Hurricane Creek Rd, Lawrenceburg, Tn 38464

* be glad to cover the shipping via PayPal if you'd like. or visit my eBay store: Catch22 Scale Model Kits and tell me if you find any kits you fancy.  Thanks Very Much.

1 hour ago, jagmkx said:

Wally,

Thanks very much for offering these decals!! Noticed that Dora Wings is releasing a 1/72 S-55 but so far I only see the non Balbo, two open pontoon cockpits version, not an enclosed center canopy like the 'Balbo' version. Since I have the Delta2 kit and know the challenge, I'm very appreciative of the decals which are for me the deal maker

correct for the 'Balbo'!  Clarence Novak

1595 Hurricane Creek Rd, Lawrenceburg, Tn 38464

* be glad to cover the shipping via PayPal if you'd like. or visit my eBay store: Catch22 Scale Model Kits and tell me if you find any kits you fancy.  Thanks Very Much.

right! well I found the original drawing file:

46332651084_9bb1c9f4f2_b.jpgsm 55 sheet by wallycacsabre, on Flickr

The brown stripes were my attempt to represent the wooden walkways. The wing top stripes are only suitable for the I-BALB machine. The registration was  carried under the wing only there is you tube video of these aircraft where you can pick out the salient details. I can't remember what the circles on the sheet are for.. I didnt use them. I was a bit clever with the hull decals I painted the easy edge areas black and then applied the decals to flow into the black paintwork, leaving the top of the hull silver the decal gives you the intricate black area sans the need to mask.

Modellers wishing to build other machines of the SM55 "Balbo" should note that wing stripes were only on the leader, other machines had differing numbers of circles triangles or squares to signify which flight they were in and their number within the flight. Also the hull paintwork varied widely with some having additional pin striping! registrations were I then the first 4 letters of the captains name.

you will have loads of "fun" researching these if you want to make something other than I-BALB!

Clarence I will send you my spares if you like I will print you an extra sheet "just in case" let me know

Edited by wallyinoz
punctuation

• 4 weeks later...

Wally,

Your excellent and generous decals arrived!  THANK YOU. I appreciate your effort and support.  Moves this 'challenging' kit further up the que.

Thanks Again.

I'll pass forward your goodwill to the next modeler I can help.