As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
JWM

Kugisho/Yokosuka P1Y Ginga (Frances), Revell 1/72

Hi,

The second today very old kit with plus fourty years from doing her - Yokosuka/Kugisho P1Y Ginga in Allies code "Frances". Kit by Revell (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135250-revell-h-103-kugisho-p1y1-2-ginga). This is bomber version.

I also made her in sometime between 1974 and '76. This is my last one Revell old Japan - after Ki 21, Ki 49 Donryu, Ki 45 Toryu, Nakajima Gekko and Nakajima Hayate - which I posted before.

The decals had some shift between yellow and background white - I did not tried to correct it. Only upper wing decals are replaced since they became too dirty. I never added too much exploitation - just very few signs of it. Perhaps I was happy with uniiform matt Airfix 21 cover from top...

Comments welcome and regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

ginga DSC01861ginga DSC01862ginga DSC01863ginga DSC01865ginga DSC01866

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr

Another great looking model from Revell's WW2 Imperial Japanese Aircraft series! :winkgrin: This is the only Revell Japanese bomber I have built so far out of the three, but it does build up very nice for it's age

Beautifully built model! The silvering on the fin decals does stand out, but doesn't detract from the quality of the build.

Nice work!

The "Ginga" is a lovely looking aircraft.You have done a good job on yours.Was looking for a Revell one for a long time,but ended up not getting one.Got a Hasegawa one instead and it is still waiting to get started.You have given me good encouragement!

Gents, many thanks for comments on this vintage one! :) Maybe one day I will do a fighter version from Hasegawa too.

Cheers

J-W

I built one of those back in the early eighties, when I would have been fifteen or sixteen. It was probably my favourite model at the time: very detailed and went together very well. I have a couple more that I bought subsequently, but haven't built as yet.

It's a handsome looking aeroplane and you've done it justice!

Hi Jerzy

Cracking job mate, sooner you than me with al that masking to do,mix think I would have lost the will to live before I got it finished.

Cheers Pat

Many thanks Lasermonkey and Pat for your comments.

Lasermonkey - I was also some sixteen doing it :)

Pat - no masking - just young eyes and free hand brush :)

Cheers

J-W

Many thanks

Pat - no masking - just young eyes and free hand brush :)

Cheers

J-W

I don't think I ever had eyes that young !

Freehand....... anyone fancy taking up stamp collecting instead !

Great stuff Jerzy