Kugisho/Yokosuka P1Y Ginga (Frances), Revell 1/72

Hi,

The second today very old kit with plus fourty years from doing her - Yokosuka/Kugisho P1Y Ginga in Allies code "Frances". Kit by Revell (https://www.scalemates.com/kits/135250-revell-h-103-kugisho-p1y1-2-ginga). This is bomber version.

I also made her in sometime between 1974 and '76. This is my last one Revell old Japan - after Ki 21, Ki 49 Donryu, Ki 45 Toryu, Nakajima Gekko and Nakajima Hayate - which I posted before.

The decals had some shift between yellow and background white - I did not tried to correct it. Only upper wing decals are replaced since they became too dirty. I never added too much exploitation - just very few signs of it. Perhaps I was happy with uniiform matt Airfix 21 cover from top...

Comments welcome and regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

ginga DSC01861ginga DSC01862ginga DSC01863ginga DSC01865ginga DSC01866

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 8

Another great looking model from Revell's WW2 Imperial Japanese Aircraft series! :winkgrin: This is the only Revell Japanese bomber I have built so far out of the three, but it does build up very nice for it's age

• Like 1

The "Ginga" is a lovely looking aircraft.You have done a good job on yours.Was looking for a Revell one for a long time,but ended up not getting one.Got a Hasegawa one instead and it is still waiting to get started.You have given me good encouragement!

• Like 1

Gents, many thanks for comments on this vintage one! :) Maybe one day I will do a fighter version from Hasegawa too.

Cheers

J-W

I built one of those back in the early eighties, when I would have been fifteen or sixteen. It was probably my favourite model at the time: very detailed and went together very well. I have a couple more that I bought subsequently, but haven't built as yet.

It's a handsome looking aeroplane and you've done it justice!

• Like 1

Many thanks Lasermonkey and Pat for your comments.

Lasermonkey - I was also some sixteen doing it :)

Pat - no masking - just young eyes and free hand brush :)

Cheers

J-W

Many thanks

Pat - no masking - just young eyes and free hand brush :)

Cheers

J-W

I don't think I ever had eyes that young !

Freehand....... anyone fancy taking up stamp collecting instead !

Great stuff Jerzy

• Like 1