Pro-resin Hunter T8 in 1/72

Thanks for letting me join in, albeit a bit late in the day....

My effort will be a 1/72nd scale T8, mots likely in LACG and Dayglo from FRADU in the early 80's..maybe?

The Hunter twin stickers haven't been well served in terms of plastic kits...apart from Matchboxes old effort.

There has been a few conversion sets, mostly aimed at the old Airfix or even Frog kit, and more recently for the super-duper Revell kits.

We have also had a few resin kits, an early issue being the old Skybird 86 kit, and more recently the Pro-Resin kit, which I'm using here.

I bought the "export" version T66/T66A/T66B/T68 in error! This version had the twin Aden pods and a series 200 rear end, so for a T8 or T7 both areas needed modifying,.....

The kit itself is nicely tooled...the parts are VERY similar to the Revell kit.....In fact they are identical! I willbe using an Aeroclub undercarriage set though...I don't trust resin undercarriages!

Nice decal sheet too......

IMG_0504_zps7ovp3co6.jpg

• Like 4

Got quite a bit done today, its a relatively easy kit as there are so few parts!

Over the weekend though I tackled the rear fuselage. Easiest way of dealing with resin is to tape the parts together and run small amounts of CA into the join, Little chance of the parts slipping while the CA cures..

IMG_0509_zpsyqqj4by1.jpg

I'll down load todays photo's later this evening...just need to charge the camera's battery......

• Like 1

Not having seen one of these being worked on I'll be following along with particular interest Bill. That it's a FRADU T.8 ensured that though ;)

its not a cheap kit, but its easy to build...given the small amount of parts....well certainly for the main body anyway.

I made a start with painting the cockpit tub and wall. I used Revell Anchracite as the basis and then drybrushed in white to highlight the detail. I haven't gone too mad here...

IMG_0522_zpsijjhdjdl.jpg

There's plenty of room aft of the 'tub for weight. I used lead sheet encased in Milliput

IMG_0525_zpsgipmcval.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a bit more progress.......

First of all, fuselage, nose and fin joined up. You can see the resemblance here to the Revell single seater!

I've also amended the nose by removing the cap to accept the "Harley Light", and filled the holes where the surplus cannon and bulge was..

IMG_0544_zpsuh5zekfb.jpg

The tail cone had insufficient Avon100- ness about it so i sanded it to a more acceptable shape..

IMG_0534_zpsa4l56brx.jpg[/url

The Avon intakes are separate resin items. I've added the starboard one to its wing, and added the "splitter plate".

IMG_0548_zpsck1gfjki.jpg

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 3

You're making good progress there Bill. It looks like a nice kit too.

Duncan B

It is a nice kit, but not without a few 'foibles'......

luckily as there only a few parts, it can be knocked up pretty quick...

IMG_0571_zps474o8a4z.jpg

it does need a bit of filler, particularly where the intakes join on to the wing

IMG_0555_zps9gyycsrp.jpg

IMG_0574_zpscxpcmpti.jpg

As I'm building a T8c, it needed an airfield arrestor hook, an extended tail bumper. Added from rod and plastic card, with the hook carved from sprue

IMG_0551_zpswdwy4nle.jpg

next up...some primer to see where the problem are.......

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...