Hasegawa 1/48 P-40E

My database shows I bought this in 2005 making it one of the older models in the stash. I started it about 2 years ago, then it went back in the box. As a result of talking to a club member about the pitfalls of the Hasegawa P-40 line, it came out again and I resolved to finish it.

So here it is finished using Gunze paints and Cutting Edge Pyn Up decals for Dick Cresswell's kite. 77SQN RAAF. Darwin 1942

I found the decals, at least the roundels quite brittle, they all cracked and I really should have gone back and either masked and painted or used other decals, oh, well :shrug:

Eduard seatbelts and gunsights were also used as were Ultracast wheels and exhausts. All comments welcome

26913054810_a50d64f0c3_b.jpgIMG_1792 b

27119077091_20efe02324_b.jpgIMG_1794 ,

27204635925_fb704a34f2_b.jpgkit

tyhawk stb sideon-3 ,

26599472793_fc79ae629d_b.jpg by,

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Like 31

Wow this is stunning - what a fantastic scheme. Awesome build too. I have always liked the land based Pacific/Burma type camouflage schemes :goodjob:

Superb work

Guy

• Like 1

Glad I caught this one,....... as usual Bruce you`ve done a superb job on a subject that I really want to do myself, so I`ll be nicking your pics as reference!!!

I want to do his later Kittyhawk too with the panels from this one attached to the nose,...although I have to say that the nose decals do scare me a bit,........did you have to add anything to them before using them?

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Thanks fellas for all the kind comments. Tony, perhaps you could coat the nose decals with some decal film. I found they tore extremely easy, and in fact overlayed the national flags decal with the two provided as I tore a big hole in the RAAF ensign. I had no problems with the command flag though. I still have one if you want it although I have used the white underlay. Plan B if these decals did not behave was just to make a Milne Bay defender. Do you have the Pyn Up decals? I think they are still available. I think I may have an old Microscale sheet too, if you want it. Don't take that as gospel though! I need to sort my decals. From memory, the microscale one was not as well detailed as the pyn up one, although the colours were denser, and to me, the roundel sizes looked off