'CONVAIR F-102 DELTA DAGGER'.

Hi Paul

Love the way she's shaping up now, the shading on the engine looks really good!

John

Hello and many thanks to you as always,John.Since the last update,'Dagger' has received her other squadron markings and national insignia.I feel she's starting to 'come to life' now.I'll post a photo update when the fuselage serials are in place,hopefully tomorrow. ;) All the very best,Paul
  • Like 1

Great Paul really moving along now be good to see it with the markings applied.

Guy

Hello and many thanks to you as always,Guy.I hope to do a photo update on Sunday which will show 'Dagger' with all her main markings in place. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul, - Nice job - great details and the paint work looks splendid! The decals on the tail make the Dagger look more alive - looking forward to seeing them all applied!

Jay

Hello,Jay - Great to hear from you and many thanks for your kind reply and interest.I'm trying to do my best for her! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hello,Friends - A little more progress.This weekend has seen 'Dagger's main decals applied.Second stage decalling will deal with all stencilling,etc.She is standing on her undercarriage legs as the photos show.I've also finished the wheel rims and tyres,the blue on the speed brakes and began detail painting of the ejector seat.The next job is fitting the main undercarriage doors and wheels.Each individual decal is sealed over with a coat of 'Klear'.I'm pleased to have got the scheme to this stage and cannot praise the quality of the kit's decals highly enough. ;) All the very best,Paul.

image_zpsy0reoolp.jpeg

image_zpszvgyufv8.jpeg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 3

Looking very neat and tidy, love the standard of your masking on the yellow wing fences :)

Michael

Hello,Michael - Many thanks to you for your very kind reply and interest.Regarding the wing fences,the little details are part of my favourite stages in the finishing process.I simply masked them with Tamiya tape and then brush-painted two coats of the yellow enamel.I always remember to make sure the tape is well burnished down.Brushing these items saved a lot of further masking which would have been necessary if I aimed my airbrush at them. ;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

This is getting better and better each time you post. I've dug my 102 out of the stash and bought a seat and nose probe for it. I realise that mine will not be a patch on yours but onwards and upwards.

Looking forward to seeing her finished.

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Your "Dagger" looks superb should sit nicely along the "Voodoo".

Great work.

Guy

• Like 1

Lovely crisp and clean finish with the painting and decals there, very nice. Shows how well these Monogram kits can be turned out.

Hello,71Chally - Many thanks for your very kind reply.I'm not very adventurous with my paint finishing.I love the classic 'crisp and clean' finish but more than appreciate the superb weathered finishes so ably created by fellow friends on the Forum.I've got a growing admiration of Monogram kits and their potential.Alan P's ''Washington' and Seversky's 'Hustler' to name but two bear witness to that.;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul!

Superb decaling work! She's now looking stunning with the main decals :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - Many thanks to you once again for your very kind reply and interest.She's starting to come together now.I've plenty of small details to do yet but hope to make progress on these during the coming week,all being well.The attraction of this scheme has grown on me I must admit.The next update will hopefully show her on her wheels! :D All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

This is getting better and better each time you post. I've dug my 102 out of the stash and bought a seat and nose probe for it. I realise that mine will not be a patch on yours but onwards and upwards.Looking forward to seeing her finished.

Hello,SilverFox - Many thanks to you for your very kind reply and interest.I'm trying to do my best by her.I'm really pleased you've got this kit in your stash and wish you an enjoyable and successful build.The resin seat and nose probe will be worthwhile extras.I just used a sewing needle for the pitot probe and plan on making the best of the kit seat.I also like the cockpit access ladder and crew figures as included items and giving them some thought. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Your "Dagger" looks superb should sit nicely along the "Voodoo".

Great work.

Guy

Hello,Guy - Many thanks to you as always for your very kind reply and interest.It was good to get the main decalling satisfactorily concluded.Lots of small detail work,which I love doing,still remains.Fingers crossed for the next update! ;) All the very best,Paul.

F-108 Rapier projected long range Mach 3 capable interceptor, F-109 tilt jet VTOL interceptor, both just projects, never built and lets not forget the F-111 which was.Tasty F-102.

Hello,Spaddad - Many thanks for your interesting and kind reply.You're obviously well-informed on these projects and appreciate you sharing these items with us.Aah! The F-111 needs no introduction.A fine aircraft and I've been fortunate to see them at Airshows and occasionally in the wild doing approach and overshoots at RAF Leeming.

Thank you for your comment on the Dagger.However,I'm now thinking about the possibility of an F-111 build! ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Spaddad - Many thanks for your interesting and kind reply.You're obviously well-informed on these projects and appreciate you sharing these items with us.Aah! The F-111 needs no introduction.A fine aircraft and I've been fortunate to see them at Airshows and occasionally in the wild doing approach and overshoots at RAF Leeming.

Thank you for your comment on the Dagger.However,I'm now thinking about the possibility of an F-111 build! ;) All the very best,Paul.

The F-111 is on my wish list although I do have one made on the shelf I really don't like it, its the Italeri boxing (1/48th) and it was a horrible kit so I would like another maybe a Aussie version just have to find the right kit ?

Sorry for the thread drift Paul.

How is the "Dagger"doing ?

Guy

• Like 1

Hello,Guy - Many thanks and always grand to hear from you.No apologies needed regarding a drift thread.I'm all ears (or should that be flaps!?) when one of my favourite aircraft types are subject of topic!! :D Lots of small details are to do on 'Dagger' which is one of my favourite stages in a build so I'm enjoying it very much.I'll do another photo update as these progress. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hi Paul. Just been catching up with your thread. As many others have said your modelling skills are amazing! Wonderful stuff.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Paul. Just been catching up with your thread. As many others have said your modelling skills are amazing! Wonderful stuff.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello,Stix - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I'm pleased you like 'Dagger'.She's starting to take shape a bit now.There must be too many very kind modellers on the Forum because there's no way in this world that I would describe my modelling skills anything like amazing,particularly when I view the masterpieces created by our fellow friends.I try my best and although I know that they'd never be prize winning models,as long as I've enjoyed the build and can see a result I'm content with then I'm more than grateful and happy. ;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hello,Friends - This week has seen further progress with 'Dagger'.Wheels,Undercarriage Doors and Speed Brakes are fitted.The Tanks have received the Unit Sash markings.('xtradecal Stripe') and the Canopy Lining from the same product.Small detail work continues with paint and stencil decals.The Ejector Seat is also being dealt with.;) All the very best,Paul.

image_zpsbyakc6tq.jpeg

image_zpsttx9dbn6.jpeg

image_zpszw9jyc7k.jpeg

image_zpsagxb5r55.jpeg

image_zps1ntfy2vd.jpeg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 5