'CONVAIR F-102 DELTA DAGGER'.

Exceptional work Paul looks wonderful, I do like the colour scheme (did I say I like the colour scheme again !!)

Was up close with a "Voodoo" today and decided it's going on the wish list!

Guy

• Like 1

Exceptional work Paul looks wonderful, I do like the colour scheme (did I say I like the colour scheme again !!)

Was up close with a "Voodoo" today and decided it's going on the wish list!

Guy

Hello,Guy - Many thanks as always for your very kind reply.The scheme has grown on me and I'm pleased to be on the final details stage with 'Dagger' now.I'm delighted that you've been in a 'Voodoo's company and that the type is on your wish list.These Monogram subjects can be found at good bargain prices and for value for money and build appeal they'll take some beating.In my opinion,that applies for their accuracy too. ;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Lush! :coolio::thumbsup:

Hello,John - "Lush"!? - I'm stone cold sober although I am looking forward to a pint of Guinness!! :D Many thanks to you as always for your very kind reply.I'm pleased there's some light at the end of the tunnel with this build now.I hope to have a good stencil decalling session tomorrow. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul,

Your very precise and neat work continues! Very well done and she's looking a beauty!

Cheers

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - Many thanks to you as always for your very kind reply.I'm just delighted to see her in some colour now instead of white primer?! love the 'final details' stage of a build and 'Dagger' will hopefully receive her stencilling,etc. over the next couple of days.Fingers-crossed!! ;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

A beautiful job, but how is your 1/48 ground crew going to remove those intake covers? They have no handles!

Hint: staples.

Hello,Space Ranger -.Geeat to hear from you and many thanks for your very kind reply.Thank you too for making a very valid point regarding handles for the intake covers.Dare I say,"Watch this Space!" ;) All the very best,Paul.

How I missed this I don't know but I've just read the entire wip and you've done a great job on her Paul. I'm not a huge fan of building jets (ww2 planes for me in 1/48) but seeing your planes are making me consider doing some in the future! The decals look incredible too. Great job so far :)

• Like 1

How I missed this I don't know but I've just read the entire wip and you've done a great job on her Paul. I'm not a huge fan of building jets (ww2 planes for me in 1/48) but seeing your planes are making me consider doing some in the future! The decals look incredible too. Great job so far :)

Hello,Jusjay - Great to hear from you and many thanks for your very kind reply.Much appreciated.You've been very patient to have read the whole WIP.That goes for everybody else whose followed the dreadfully slow progress with this build.Talking of WW2 aircraft in 1/48,I enjoyed building the Airfix MK.19 Spitfire in the Swedish Air Force markings.A beautiful kit of a beautiful subject.After this jet,I may have some alternative therapy with a 'prop job'.The Dagger's kit decals have been a delight to work with.No problems with them whatsoever.

;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Friends - Just a quick update.Thank you once again,Space Ranger,for kindly mentioning the absence of handles on the intake covers.I understand the use of staples for this purpose.However,I was rather reluctant to start drilling holes so close to other finished paintwork.So,to quote an old Yorkshire Phrase - "Owt is better than Nowt" I made a 'generic' pair of handles from plasticard and rod and fixed these in position with adhesive.I hope that with the addition of RBF Tags these will help them to look the part a little.

The red Insulation Strips on the Windshield Frame were made from 'Xtradecal Stripe' and have worked okay.The final detail paint and decalling process is under way. ;) All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg2_zpsmgqbfle6.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsufn8lfl0.jpg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 8

Hello,Jusjay - Great to hear from you and many thanks for your very kind reply.Much appreciated.You've been very patient to have read the whole WIP.That goes for everybody else whose followed the dreadfully slow progress with this build.Talking of WW2 aircraft in 1/48,I enjoyed building the Airfix MK.19 Spitfire in the Swedish Air Force markings.A beautiful kit of a beautiful subject.After this jet,I may have some alternative therapy with a 'prop job'.The Dagger's kit decals have been a delight to work with.No problems with them whatsoever.

;) All the very best,Paul.

They all look very good Paul, I'd be interested to see a wip from you on a prop build too ;)

Oh, thanks for the add :)

• Like 1

Hello,Friends - Just a quick update.Thank you once again,Space Ranger,for kindly mentioning the absence of handles on the intake covers.I understand the use of staples for this purpose.However,I was rather reluctant to start drilling holes so close to other finished paintwork.So,to quote an old Yorkshire Phrase - "Owt is better than Nowt" I made a 'generic' pair of handles from plasticard and rod and fixed these in position with adhesive.I hope that with the addition of RBF Tags these will help them to look the part a little.

Your 1/48 Crew Chief approves! Nice work.

• Like 1

Your 1/48 Crew Chief approves! Nice work.

Many thanks as always,Space Ranger.The handles might not be very accurate but at least they give the right idea.Since these photos,I've repainted them red and think they look better.

You kindly showed interest and valuable input with 'Voodoo'' build and now with and now with 'Dagger'.That's much appreciated.I plan further USAF builds following this general theme and your subject knowledge and understanding would be much respected.Gentleman from Texas,you are appointed my Technical Crew Chief.Welcome aboard! ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

They all look very good Paul, I'd be interested to see a wip from you on a prop build too ;)

Oh, thanks for the add :)

You're more than welcome,Jusjay.Wilco on the Prop Build WIP! Thank you once again for your very kind feedback.;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

You've made me want to build a jet Paul.

My wife is not happy with you! :winkgrin:

Hello,Howlindawg - Grand to hear from you.Ooh,heck!! I've made you want to build a jet and your Good Lady isn't happy with me as a result.Don't panic - I've got a perphect solution that will delight you both."Build a Phantom!!" ;) All the very best to you both,Paul.

Many thanks as always,Space Ranger.The handles might not be very accurate but at least they give the right idea.Since these photos,I've repainted them red and think they look better.

You kindly showed interest and valuable input with 'Voodoo'' build and now with and now with 'Dagger'.That's much appreciated.I plan further USAF builds following this general theme and your subject knowledge and understanding would be much respected.Gentleman from Texas,you are appointed my Technical Crew Chief.Welcome aboard! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Many of those intake covers were locally-built by the engineering/maintenance staff, so no one can say yours are not right.

Although 1:1 scale and not 1/48, I am extremely honored to be selected as your Technical Crew Chief and will do my best to live up to your expectations!

• Like 1

Many of those intake covers were locally-built by the engineering/maintenance staff, so no one can say yours are not right.

Although 1:1 scale and not 1/48, I am extremely honored to be selected as your Technical Crew Chief and will do my best to live up to your expectations!

I'm 1:1 scale too! :D Thank you so very much once again,Space Ranger.If you're content with the intake covers that will do for me.The ground protection equipment is a vital component against FOD etc.We often tend to focus on who built the aircraft and overlook where vital sundry items such as these covers originate from.;) All the very best,Paul.

Your very impressive modelling skills are producing lovely results. :thumbsup:

Hello and many thanks once again,Stix.I'm strictly Kindergarten Level when I see your work and that of so many on the Forum.I've just had a good data decalling session this morning.I guess about 50% of these are in place now.These little items certainly help to bring a subject to life.I'm enjoying this stage very much indeed.;) All the very best,Paul.

Hello,Friends - Today has seen the completion of all data and detail work on 'Dagger'.The photos show her after receiving her final coat of 'Klear' in readiness for her finishing coat of 'Xtracolor Enamel Satin Varnish'.The work on the Ejector Seat will be concluded this week.

This is the final photo update on 'Dagger's WIP. I'll apply the Satin Varnish as soon as my commitments allow.This may be up to a couple of weeks but I'll put her on RFI as soon as I can.My sincerest thanks and appreciation to each and everyone for your very kind and loyal following,it's very much appreciated and respected."Happy Modelling!" ;) All the very best,Paul.

image_zpskr6b2wex.jpeg

image_zpsrcsf8nqs.jpeg

image_zps6ra04498.jpeg

image_zpshag24u3r.jpeg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 7

Hi Paul,

Superb pre-finished bird! Great scheme and great execution! Looking forward to seeing the final pictures in the RFI section, please drop us a line here when they're uploaded, so that we won't miss them :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Superb pre-finished bird! Great scheme and great execution! Looking forward to seeing the final pictures in the RFI section, please drop us a line here when they're uploaded, so that we won't miss them :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - Many thanks to you as always.If I get a chance to get her on RFI any earlier than I mentioned,I will do so and announce her 'arrival on the ramp'!:D All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1