B-58: idle thoughts in 1/48

pigsty

A couple of questions for you all.

First, if memory serves Italeri did a version of their 1/72 B-58 kit as a TB-58 with all the extra windows. Is there a way of giving the big Monogram kit the same treatment?

And second, has anyone any experience of the resin intake set from Plastic Passion? They pop up on eBay at the moment and I'm wondering whether they can possibly be worth the thick end of £35 (inc postage).

Don't know about the TB-58, but I bought the Fisher Models add-on sets for my big Hustler. I also managed to get hold of a cockpit conversion set which includes all three cockpits with open hatches.

I expect you could butcher it into a TB. Use some clear plastic from a CD case for the extra windows. I have no experience of the cockpit set or the intakes - there's not much to see up there as the shock cone is in the way. One thing I did find was the fit of the instrument panel is a bit tight, and needs some fettling.

The TB also lacked the Stanley escape pods, instead being fitted with conventional ejection seats, I don't know what type. The forward 2 seats were mounted off center, so the guy in back had some forward visibility over the shoulder of the guy in the front office.