Airfix 1/72 Bristol Bulldog and Bulldog TM

Hello everyone.

I've been sorting out old kits to record them for my website before they fall apart. I unearthed these two, built about ten years ago for a series of Silver Wing models I completed. They're in pretty good shape, the TM two seater a simple conversion by tilting back the wings, cutting and detailing a second cockpit, adding new panels from thin sheets of plasticard and a new tail. I can't remember what paints I used, probably a combination of Halfords BMW Silver spray and Alclad. The decals for the TM came from the kit and spares box, whilst the 29 Sqn markings for the single seater were off a very nice RAFDec sheet. Rigged with fishing line darkened with a sharpie.

Probably one of my favourite Airfix kits of all time, it still makes into a great model.

Haris

Bull%201.jpg

Bull%205.jpg

Bull%204.jpg

Bull%20T%201.jpg

Bull%20T%202.jpg

Bull%20T%203.jpg

Bull%20pair.jpg

• Like 36

Stunning, I'd love to be able to build and rig biplanes. These are exquisite and a real pleasure to view.

Rgds,

Eng

Nice to see them again!

It was your series in IIRC Military in Scale (?), (Spencer Pollard's old mag), that got me back into where I started - WW 1 and Inter-War aircraft.

Many thanks!

Christian

Nice to see them again!

It was your series in IIRC Military in Scale (?), (Spencer Pollard's old mag), that got me back into where I started - WW 1 and Inter-War aircraft.

Many thanks!

Christian

Hi Christian.

That's really great to hear. It's quite a while ago now and I'm glad that you got a lot out of it, and that it had such an influence! Looking in the loft I amassed quite a few models that never got built for the series - I can't believe I didn't do a Fury, but I am going to have a go at Airfix's venerable old Demon soon.

Thank you all for your very positive comments about the models.

Haris

• Like 1

Ooohhh! Shiny 30's planes!

Really nice builds of a classic British aircraft! I love the details you were able to add (far beyond my fumble fingered level)!

I really have to get a Bulldog and do it in RAAF colours.

Dennis The Bear

Going to show us some more pictures? Please??

Do a Fury! :winkgrin:

Christian, exiled to the armpit of the world

Going to show us some more pictures? Please??

Do a Fury! :winkgrin:

Christian, exiled to the armpit of the world

Hello Christian.

If you follow the link, go to the 'Archive' tab and you will see that I've added photos of the Siskin, Gamecock and Flycatcher under a 'Silver Wings' heading. I hope to add more in the next few days as I search through old photos of the some of the models I took some years back.

https://harisali.co.uk/

Once again, thank you everyone for the comments and the interest you've shown in the Bulldog.

Haris

• Like 1