1/72 - CASA C-212 Aviocar - by Special Hobby

172flogger

• 3 months later...

Source:

http://www.specialhobby.net/2017/02/casa-c-212-prace-pokracuji.html

The modellers keep showing their endless interest in the Casa C-212 project and its expected release date and now we are happy to be able to show you some pictures of the last set of tooling moulds that are now being manufactured. From these moulds, several smaller parts of the project like the propellers, landing gear and various antennae and radom covers will be produced.

CASA%2BC-212%2BAviocar%2BC100%2Bspecial%2Bhobby.jpg CASA%2BC-212%2BAviocar%2BC200%2BSH%2Bspecial%2Bhobby.jpg

IMG_5037.JPG IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

ELINT variant test build will be on display at Modellbrno 2017 on June 16-17, 2017 (http://www.modellbrno.cz/en

Source: http://www.specialhobby.net/2017/05/casa-c212-fotky-testovaciho-modelu.html

1/72 CASA C.212 – test model photos

The CASA C.212 project was announced before some time but its moulding tools haven’t still been completely finished. It doesn’t make us happy of course. But we believe it will take only a little time now to have the project ready for you . So to whet your appetite a bit, we would like to share with you the latest progress pictures showing the CASA model (almost) completed with all the smaller parts that come via the last moulding tool ...(see here) already in their appropriate place.
The model you can see in the photos has been assembled to portray the ELINT variety of the CASA aircraft, one of many configurations (and greatly interesting they are for both the modeller and aviation enthusiast) possible for the kit.
Special Hobby team will be taking also this display model to the Modellbrno show so you will be able to inspect it there.
And we really hope that this year’s E-day in Prague will see the kit already available for the modeller.

IMG_5768.JPG IMG_5769.JPG

IMG_5770.JPG IMG_5771.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

V.P.
Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

I was wondering when this model was going to be available, now I know and I am very happy about it, one of my favourite aircraft !

Many decal options for it too, hope that Xtradecal will consider doing a decal sheet for us?

Will be ordering at least 2 when they are available.

Thanks for the update Homebee.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/photos/a.458974014197468.1073741825.256992114395660/1503849016376624/?type=3&theater

I have some goods news for modelers that look forward to our CASA C.212 in 1/72. The first two versions will be released this year already. We chose CASA C.212-100 - the standard model will appear under the catalogue number SH72344 (CASA C.212-100) and then there will be a limited edition SH72376 (CASA C.212-100 ("Portuguese Tail art").
For SH72344 we chose three camouflages: the Spanish grey aircraft 72-11, the Chilean aircraft 211 and the ARC 702 used by the Columbian navy.... To make sure that all the details and camouflages are perfect, we would like to ask especially South American modelers for help. We need as many pictures, detailed descriptions, markings (for example the names of pilots under the canopy of the Chilean aircraft) and camouflages (especially on the upper side of the wings) as possible. If you have any, please send them to [email protected].
For those who look forward to other versions of the CASA C.212, the higher versions will be released as well, some of them next year.
Thank to all
Alfred Riedel
Special Hobby

L’image contient peut-être : avion

V.P.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

sigh... for someone who is 'fixed' on 1/48 for smaller subjects, and 1/144 for the large ones, gems like this seems to be one pose a bad temptation... Congrats to Special Hobby... 😎 

I can understand your comments Sir !  As an avid 1/72 scale modeller of course I am delighted by this forthcoming release and am not worried about the cost of this particular aircraft kit as it's one of my all time favorite's, why ?  Because of the multitude of operators who flew this aircraft.  In relation to modelling in other scales I do from time to time venture into 1/144 and 1/48 kits as and when an aircraft appears in my chosen air forces.  Regards Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought it today and it is a marvelous kit, i love the detail and door options..

You can even do square and round windows from the first version and it has two short nose versions...

I can't wait for the other versions to arrive:party::party:

Cheers, Jan

Edited by janneman36
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 8:12 PM, janneman36 said:

Just bought it today and it is a marvelous kit, i love the detail and door options..

You can even do square and round windows from the first version and it has two short nose versions...

I can't wait for the other versions to arrive:party::party:

Cheers, Jan

Hello Jan,

Where to you buy it from please ?  I am very envious that you have one and I do not.

I look forward to seeing your build.

Regards Colin.

Special Hobby had a few with them at Telford on promotion, that's where I picked my two up. I asked about the possibility of the Casa 235 but apparently it's the 101 next.

Edited by chris57
update