1:48 Airfix Seafire FXVII - first kit finished in ages

Here is my entrant for the Spitfire group build in memory of Edgar Brooks, it is also the first kit I have finished in months (been going through a bit of a dry spell). Apologies for the quality of the photos, couldn't take them outside as I normally do as the weather is not cooperating.

Completed straight out of the box, SX273 of 714 NAS, St Merryn, England, 1947. Brush painted with Tamiya Acrylics. A very enjoyable build. WIP here. Hopefully a fitting memorial to a very generous and knowledgable man who is very much missed.

Any comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Simon

64F07068-0C8B-407B-9161-BF85E895CF3C_zps

9C68D49C-9B7A-44D0-8CD2-8F443DCF8205_zps

5DFA2580-D2D1-46DB-B539-CA56E70ABE2F_zps

CD685095-A2A6-4012-B8FE-27D2AC907E93_zps

617C4D45-2C35-440E-B179-1D52AF8088A0_zps

• Like 21

That looks superb Simon,.....I may have asked you before,.....but which Tamiya colours did you se because they look great?

Cheers

Tony

Edit,....I`ve just looked at the WIP,....so ignore the above query,......great build and I meant to say that I totally agree with what you said about Edgar,.....a very generous man who is sorely missed.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Simon that's stunning, love the aircraft and the scheme want to do it myself one day. Really well finished mate.

Rob

cool - like that scheme. Nice rendition of the Seafire.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rob and Michael!

Nice..

Good work on that its not a bad kit to work with with a nice result.

Cheers

Plasto

Yes, it's a lovely kit - good one to do to get the juices going again.

That does look nice, and now I know where the yellow flaps were going in the Vampire build

Tim

Indeed :-), that's the next one for me to finish.

That looks superb Simon,.....I may have asked you before,.....but which Tamiya colours did you se because they look great?

Cheers

Tony

Edit,....I`ve just looked at the WIP,....so ignore the above query,......great build and I meant to say that I totally agree with what you said about Edgar,.....a very generous man who is sorely missed.

Cheers

Tony

Many thanks Tony, I was just about to dig the colours out for you :-) I looked back at my old posts and found that Edgar and given me several pieces of useful advice - including on some Malta Spitfires I built last year, always a tricky subject! Edited by SimonL