1:32 Scale Dambuster Upkeep mine CNC machining

grahamf

Just thought I would post a few pictures of the progress of our forthcoming RAF bomb trolley and Upkeep mine prototype parts machining. Luckily while producing this I found a real example of the very bomb trolley at East Keal in an unrestored state which I guess they are going to use to display their Upkeep mine on next to 'Jane'.

1-32%20Upkeep%20mine%20cnc%20machining_zThis is the side of the Upkeep mine being CNC machined with a 1mm diameter flat end mill with 0.1mm overlap this results in a very smooth component that is paint ready.

1-32%20Scale%20RAF%20bomb%20trolley%201_The major components next to a pound coin to give an idea of scale.

1-32%20Scale%20RAF%20bomb%20trolley%203_The quite complex rear axle housing that had me scratching my head while measuring up the real thing.

1-32%20Scale%20RAF%20bomb%20trolley%202_The main wheels, I went to town on the details of the hub both inside and outside.

Graham

• Like 4

Great detailed item but you have realised of course its the wrong scale . . . :shutup:

we have the 48th Lancaster ready and so its going to bring you in many sales particularly when you start producing the tractor as well . . . :popcorn:

I'll echo the plea in 1:48, as I have both a Grandslam and Upkeep Lanc in the stash that would look SO much better with one of these beside 'em ^_^

:please:

Fantastic stuff. With a David Brown to tow it, that would look great sat on the shelf on its own, especially in this scale. Look forward to seeing more of your models as I am quite a closet GSE geek........