1/72 Profiline Steyr 1500 Truck

Ok, this isn't "Armour" but since I've seen a Kübelwagen here, I suppose this is the right section to present my 1/72 Profiline Steyr 1500 Truck.

I have a special interest in this vehicle as it was built in my country - in the town of Steyr in Upper Austria, to be exact (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr).

Profiline seems to be a subsidiary of Special Hobby, and the same kit is also marketed under their 'Special Armour' range.

It comes in various set-ups, as a cargo truck or ambulance vehicle.

When CMK/Special Hobby attended IMPS Austria's Go Modelling in March 2016 they had some version of this kit reduced -50%.

I got myself three.

Here's the first one finished.

As it is of short-run nature, some fiddling and fettling is neccessary to get everything lined-up.

Cargo are resin items from CMK, my spares box and scratch built tarpaulin (from rubber gloves).

Painted with Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics, weathering with artist's oils and pastel chalks.

Windshield wipers and rear view mirror are scratch built from photo etch scraps.

Hope you like this tiny truck!

a_DSC9177_zpsi6wtjprw.jpg

a_DSC9179_zpscg0bkyd3.jpga_DSC9185_zps7deo8ahi.jpga_DSC9188_zpsorm7jyl3.jpga_DSC9181_zps9jvpahpu.jpg

a_DSC9191_zpscjg1wcxm.jpg

a_DSC9192_zpsddlxdios.jpg

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 9