DH 106 Comet 4c in flight - 1:144 Airfix with 26 Decals (Updated pictures)

Thanks again chaps.

Thats beautiful, and if you put any weathering on the jet at all I will hunt you down............ :fight:

Oh dear, I'd better find a hiding place!

I put a few of the missing finishing touches on this morning, and added a little bit of weathering,juts to tone down the brightness a bit.

Are you from down Blackbushe way, John? I come from Camberley/Sandhurst area. Now living in Manchester though!
Yes G-BDIT, I didn't see the reg when I first looked as I'm viewing on my tablet.
I often dash out to photograph a model because it's sunny only to realise I've forgotten something. In fact if you're observant you'll notice a couple of details I've forgotten on my recent BA Cargo 707.

Ian

I was Ian, I used to live in Camberley but moved 'up norf' a couple of decades ago. I used to drive out to Blackbushe to look at what oddities would appear there. I remember 3 or 4 CASA 352's (Ju 52's), several DC-3's, at least one maybe 3 B-25 Mitchells, the Comet, and several others probably that I have now forgotten. It was worth a drive out there every now and then.

I think taking photos is a great way to show that you haven't really finished your model!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

That has to be one of the most beautiful models I have seen in a long time. Its hard to believe that is the venerable Airfix mould,

• Like 1

An absolutely stunning rendition beautifully rendered and really reminds me of those beautiful models that I used to covet in travel agents when my parents dragged me there in the 70s. I hadn't realised that Dan Air flew 4Cs as well as 4Bs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very impressed with this. A really great Piece of work! It has inspired me to embark on a project to a similar standard of presentation if possible (ha!), but in BOAC colours, and with three aircraft - My three favourite... Comet, VC10 and 707. I'm just not sure if I should mount them on one plinth, or three individual ones...

Edited by kernowsvenski