Airfix 1/72 Fokker E.II Eindecker

Hello everyone.

Here's my latest, built more or less straight from the box with a few bits from scrap and spares. I wanted to keep this pretty simple after a few recent modelling disasters and managed to turn it out in just over a week, a record for me! A beautiful simple kit, reassuring me that I can get as much pleasure from this as I can from anything that's made in New Zealand. Weathered with artists oils and Karismacolor pencils. Rigged with Uschi Van Der Rosten's life saving rigging elastic.

Hope you like it.

Haris

Eindecker%204.jpg

Eindecker%209.jpg

Eindecker%205.jpg

• Like 23

Superb finish! The weathering is excellent and the metallic finish of the cowling is awesome :hypnotised: How did you do it?

Congrats!

Jaime

Very, very nice work indeed!!!

Great weathering too.

I have this kit in my stash and if mine turns out half as good as yours I'll be delighted. Are there any build issues to be aware off on this kit?

Regards

Dave

Very, very nice work indeed!!!

Great weathering too.

I have this kit in my stash and if mine turns out half as good as yours I'll be delighted. Are there any build issues to be aware off on this kit?

Regards

Dave

Hello Dave.

Great little kit but I put a small length of brass rod into the port wing root as the joint is a bit weak, the starboard being supported by the longer cowl piece. I also sprayed the fuselage bands as I couldn't get the four separate decal pieces to match up. Other than that it's pretty straightforward. Good luck with your build!

Many thanks to you all for all the kind comments.

Haris