Yet another Bandai 1/144 Falcon

I've not finished the base, but here's my take on the Force Awakens Falcon. The model was primed in Citadel black from a rattle can, with a couple of light base coats of that rare beast Tamiya AS-20. For the panelling I used the supplied water slides, with lots of coats of Microsol. Everything else was completed with multiple pin washes in brown & black, with a couple of spots of soot airbrushed on (it was my first time using an airbrush, so be gentle!), and finally the streaking was a built-up mix of brown & black Gundam real touch markers (these blend up so well, and are very forgiving if you have an incident!).

Looking at some of the other builds of this kit online, it seems to be all too easy to end up with a model that's a little too dark, so I tried to keep the weathering subtle to keep the overall base colour bright. Adding a touch of brown to any black washes also helped to keep the tones warm after the harsh black primer coat.

Anyway, I hope you like the results!

sGkQ8j2.jpg

IRW0hWo.jpg

acw081z.jpg

xzlmqof.jpg

Edited by Beefkr10z
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a last addition, I finished the base. The paint scheme was kept ultra simple with a Vallejo light sand coating, With a few drops of white added to the mix & sprayed at an angle to catch some highlights from one side. The supplied base looked far too plain by itself, but it turns out that a 10x15cm photo frame is pretty much a perfect fit!

puvm2js.jpg

Ey69sVV.jpg

Edited by Beefkr10z
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...