REVELL 1/35 Soviet T-34/76(1943) Tank.

Hi folks,I thought as a change from Aircraft I would have a second go at a 1/35 tank,I remember building an Airfix T-34 from the

old poly bag era to rampage over the Russian steppes(Mam's fireside rug) when a youngster along with their Russian infantry!

I don't have the kit yet but my LMS always has it in stock and we have the Northern show coming up so I,ll pick it up in the next

week or two,I don,t plan to start till the Phantom and Mitchell are finished anyway and may not start till after my holidays.

In the meantime here,s Julien's review of the kit here on BM,there is a whitewashed version included which might look good

in this scale.http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234992759-russian-t-3476-model-1943-135-revell/

See you in a few weeks.

• Like 6

Well I now have the kit in my grubby hands,the chance of me not starting it till after the holiday's which will be early July looking very slim as it is a

beauty,that said i don't have a single native Russian aircraft in my collection so I could make that a second project later.

• Like 1

Hi Steve. I'm looking forward to following another of your great AFV builds! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix hope I can do it justice the parts look superb even with the review at hand I was taken aback at the quality.

Great choice of subject.....Will be watching with interest. :coolio:

You OK for references? :shrug:

Thank's Sarge,not really as I am not an avid armour builder any info would be appreciated.

Well while waiting for the paint to dry on the Phantom and the table still out I started a little work on this project,their are eight enclosed suspension

struts to add to the inner hull which I,ve done.

DSCN1321_zpsg8pebtek.jpg

And once fixed in place two seats and a pair of steering handles are the only other fittings to add,nice touch despite their being no interior to

see so interior painting will be the next step in a few days.

DSCN1325_zpsfxhoczez.jpg

• Like 5

They look rather plush compared to my recollections.....Are they correct? :shrug:

Steve should know more about T-34s than he ever wanted to by about now! :evil_laugh:

Just working my way through all that info you sent Sarge,fascinating stuff on a single subject and a goldmine of photograph's too, many thank's,

Edited by stevej60

Hi folk,s I think this may end up a quicker build than I had thought at least as far as the basic construction is concerned,I,ve completed the running

gear of the main hull

DSCN1340_zpshaaqmgdo.jpg

Photos of surviving tanks show light gray interiors and the seats need to be black.

DSCN1341_zpswnggxqnx.jpg

the one piece hull is nicely molded here before and after the engine covers and grills added.

DSCN1342_zps86oevgof.jpg

DSCN1344_zpsqgmfxmhw.jpg

The rear plate wasn't a great fit and I had to cut off the hinges to get a decent fit and replacing with evergreen strip.

And finally for size comparison with my only other 1/35 build the Panther! Which one would you rather be in when the shooting started?

DSCN1345_zpszn0ol6ps.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Nice start Steve,

I'm thinking about starting my dragon kit, the suspension looks fairly similar. I got in a T-34 at the defence collage at shrivnham, there's not a lot of room in there.

• Like 1

Nice start Steve,

I'm thinking about starting my dragon kit, the suspension looks fairly similar. I got in a T-34 at the defence collage at shrivnham, there's not a lot of room in there.

Not a place I would have liked to be in at all Ozzy,not even their modern counterpart's!

• Like 1

There is nothing close to an interior for the hull with the dragon kit, also the vents on the engine bay aren't open they are solid bits of plastic.

Hi folk's here,s the progress of the last few days,I closed up the hull and began to add the rails, towing eyes storage boxes etc.

The four piece rear boxes went together a treat.

DSCN1356_zpsyvrelbpu.jpg

The rails along the hull sides are very delicate to remove and clean up I broke the first two that sit on the engine cover and replaced with

evergreen strip.

DSCN1357_zpsxkb9tcnk.jpg

the machine gun housing and front fixtures added.

DSCN1355_zpseeg7dejv.jpg

Nearly ready for primer next week.

• Like 3

Good to see more progress Steve. The detail looks impressive. Looking forward to more.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,enjoyable so far great fit of parts too,looking forward to getting the paint on and see how the weathering goes,looking at the options

I,ve decided on the box top scheme with the slogan and guards badge.

• Like 1

Hi folk,s got a coat of primer using olive green from the stash,I have no idea what green is suitable for Russian armour I need to do a bit of digging

around and mix or buy some.

DSCN1359_zps1qkaqyff.jpg

• Like 2

4BO is believe is correct for WWII Russian Armour, Vallejo and Mig ammo

both sell the colours.

Dan

Thanks Dan I use Vallejo often my LMS stocks the range.

No Problem Steve,

If your local has these sets in stock then I highly recommend you try one.

P1030896_zpserdphy7u.jpg

I have used the Olive green set a few times and they are brilliant, well worth the dosh ( less than a tenner )

The bottles are not the full size Vallejo but they do go far.

Dan

• Like 2