1/72 AZ Model Messerschmitt Bf-109 G-14 "Blue 4/JG 53"

Hello,

yet another Bf-109 fresh off my workbench; this time, a G-14 dressed as 'Blue 4' of JG 53 with decals from DZ Casper.

The model was enhanced using Brengun photo etch set and Rob Taurus vacu canopy.

Painted with Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics.

There's two period photographs coming up when you google 'Blue 4, JG 53'.

I tried to capture the following details:

- wavy demarcation line on front of wings
- missing landing gear covers
- hollow black cross on undersides
- relatively dark, small patches of dark color on the front

So here she is.

All photographs by Mr. Wolfgang Rabel of IGM Cars & Bikes.

a_DSC9212_zpsgomdpoic.jpga_DSC9213_zpsox7wltjk.jpga_DSC9217_zpsuybpw4gn.jpga_DSC9218_zpsnxyy1isj.jpga_DSC9222_zps0fc7cdyx.jpga_DSC9223_zpsdcehzwoj.jpga_DSC9224_zps30rcjd6b.jpga_DSC9225_zpsq41ahoao.jpga_DSC9228_zpsbdx1trfc.jpga_DSC9235_zpsnpyofjza.jpga_DSC9236_zpsfero1iqh.jpga_DSC9237_zpshdbnjke4.jpga_DSC9238_zpsf1fla791.jpga_DSC9239_zpskqjmaou1.jpga_DSC9241_zpsjyu5xtxh.jpga_DSC9243_zpsh4sunevq.jpga_DSC9244_zpspgafioi9.jpga_DSC9245_zpsbbr7fbdb.jpga_DSC9247_zpste5n9grm.jpga_DSC9252_zpsvvrgiita.jpga_DSC9253_zpsxl4mngum.jpga_DSC9255_zps6dbsmf1v.jpga_DSC9200_zpsodamkqwo.jpga_DSC9204_zpsunygz1jy.jpga_DSC9208_zpsjfperprd.jpga_DSC9210_zpse2bgicjj.jpga_DSC9211_zpskklkvpgk.jpg

Thanks for your interest in this topic.

Have a good day!

With best wishes from Vienna, Austria

Roman

• Like 18

Hi Roman!!!

As all your wonderful works shared here, this one is also a very Nice Build, and BTW for sure is one that I will take as reference.

Thank you very much for sharing and cheers from Guatemala!!

Luis Alfonso

Very nice indeed. Is the spiral on the spinner from the decal sheet, or is it hand painted? Your late model BF-109's would look superb in diorama setting. :)

Thanks for sharing

Best regards

Tony

Beautiful Gustav, Roman! I'm in a bit of a Bf-109-building phase right now (I've got six I'm doing), but they won't turn out this nicely. Excellent work, as always!

Regards,

Jason

Very well done! Is there a WIP for this build? What would you say about AZModel's Bf 109 kits?

Cheers

Jaime

Fabulous modelling. She really looks like a 1:48th model.

Minor gripe: the wooden Morane antenna under the port wing should be a tan (wood) colour – it was clear varnished, according to RLM specs: http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/detail_bf109g10_16.jpg

Really inspiring work (and great PR for AZ's kit)!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Very well done! Is there a WIP for this build? What would you say about AZModel's Bf 109 kits?

Cheers

Jaime

Jaime,

I don't have a WIP report with pictures to show;

I reckon AZ Model's Bf-109 series is the best available at the moment (except for the rare and expensive Fine Molds kits).

Yes the AZ kit is short run, but quite advanced in technology of molding, so no nasty surprises and heavy clean-up.

While AZ's early Bf-109s (G-6, G-14) go together easily, the later types (G-10, G-14AS) have an oversized cockpit floor that needs to be reduced.

All AZ Model Bf-109s are produced with Metal Molds (HQ); detail is sharp, free from flash and panel lines consistent.

You will need filler at the fuselage/wing joint and the fuselage halves, though.

Using additional photo etch parts (Brengun have a useful fret) will enhance the kit significantly.

Very nice indeed. Is the spiral on the spinner from the decal sheet, or is it hand painted? Your late model BF-109's would look superb in diorama setting. :)

Thanks for sharing

Best regards

Tony

Tony,

there's no spinner spirals included on AZ Model's decal sheet in the box.

They do sell them seperately (clever business idea, isn't it?):

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AZA7023

I find that hand painting in this scale is almost impossible ...

• Like 1

Fabulous modelling. She really looks like a 1:48th model.

Minor gripe: the wooden Morane antenna under the port wing should be a tan (wood) colour – it was clear varnished, according to RLM specs: http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/detail_bf109g10_16.jpg

Really inspiring work (and great PR for AZ's kit)!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim, I wasn't aware of that detail feature.

I always believed the Morane mast to have the same color as the undersides.

Well, you never stop learning ....

Jaime,

I don't have a WIP report with pictures to show;

I reckon AZ Model's Bf-109 series is the best available at the moment (except for the rare and expensive Fine Molds kits).

Yes the AZ kit is short run, but quite advanced in technology of molding, so no nasty surprises and heavy clean-up.

While AZ's early Bf-109s (G-6, G-14) go together easily, the later types (G-10, G-14AS) have an oversized cockpit floor that needs to be reduced.

All AZ Model Bf-109s are produced with Metal Molds (HQ); detail is sharp, free from flash and panel lines consistent.

You will need filler at the fuselage/wing joint and the fuselage halves, though.

Using additional photo etch parts (Brengun have a useful fret) will enhance the kit significantly.

Roman,

Thanks for the very useful comments. I have two Fine Molds Bf 109s (an F-2 and a K-4) which look lovely in the sprues but I had to buy them directly from Japan and cost double the AZ Models. I'll buy an AZ Models kit for sure.

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Roman,

Excellent 109 you have there, very well done! The AZ 109s do build up to a very nice model, but I do find the nose profile disappointing. I did a fair amount of work to correct this on my G-6, but I don't think I would do it again... (I have the new G-10, I'm hoping the profile will be more accurate...)

Great work on your build though ! Cheers-Dave