Tomahawk IIb (Airfix 1/72)

OK, some more work done this week, white-washing and subduing, and we have this result

IMG_20160716_093342_zpscagjj55w.jpg

As one can see, I tried to wear away the whitewash on the wing root where the pilot would climb in and out, but I'm not completely happy with my efforts. Nor am I happy with my exhaust stains (which I've avoided picturing). I also applied some washes to mute/vary the green, but more work needed on those too.

• Like 6

That is an awesome finish, especially considering it's brushed. :thumbsup:

'Mapping' will break up the blank spot in the whitewash on the wing, wet the area you are working on and add a tiny dot or two of white acrylic paint, let it settle where it will (except in panel lines obviously). Repeat as neccessary. You can use some other colours both to break the effect up a bit and to simulate subtle scuff marks etc. :coolio:

• Like 1

Thanks, Tony. Had an "oh, sugar" moment last night, when I realised I hadn't put the gear doors on, and then remembered that I'd thrown the box out with the plastic in, presumably with the doors still attached to the sprues.

It's overstaying its welcome! I like to feel progression, so when I get to a stage where I can only do a few little bits at a time (or have to repeat parts), I start dreaming of other builds. I've got an Airfix Skyhawk at a similar stage, which doesn't help.

OK, second matt coat applied this afternoon, and here it is.

IMG_20160723_172357_zps7erb2rmb.jpg

IMG_20160723_172525_zpsjymf9tlo.jpg

And while I was waiting for the varnish to dry, I built pretty much all of an Airfix 1/48 Hawker Fury :)

I guess the done thing now in a GB is to post it to the gallery?

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...