eduard 1/48 Yak 3 ### Finished 5-8-2016 ###

Hi guys, I will be building the Eduard 1/48 Yak 3. It is one of the weekend editions. here is a site where you can see the kit http://www.scalemates.com/kits/106060-eduard-8456-yak-3.
I will replace the cockpit with a resin version from vector. I also have a set of resin wheels, saved from a old La-5 build. I believe they were from True details.

I will start the build later. Pictures will follow later.

Cheers

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

And here are the pictures of the box content and some work done on the model this morning.

The box content:

IMG_3223_zpsy6t08lu3.jpg

IMG_3224_zpsxq3wbh74.jpg

The klearparts, etc and some extra parts including a Neomega cockpit set.

IMG_3225_zpsd2y2msir.jpg

The version that is in the box will be build.

8e600ce0-b894-46dc-8a9a-9320cad97c36_zps

After sawing out the Original cockpit I placed the resin tub from the neomega cockpit set. I also glued the wings together and made two inlet plates for both inlets in the wings.

IMG_3227_zpsbjzbuaio.jpg

I also removed all the detail in the sides of the fuselage after witch I placed the resin parts.

IMG_3229_zpsudwtedvn.jpg

And the last thing done this morning was the gunports opened and glued some copper tubing inside.

IMG_3228_zpsrqxibnb1.jpg

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 4

Nice, now I wish I had stuck something like that in the nose of my P39 :(

Too late now though - but I will remember for next time. I did think it was odd that no gins were supplied for the nose.

• Like 1

Here are two pictures after this mornings painting sesion. I also gave it a black wash.

IMG_3234_zpsnjxqiq6f.jpg

IMG_3235_zpsdngigpxy.jpg

I used for the paintjob RLM 02 from Tamiya. I know it may not be the total correct colour, but that was the only one I had in my paint range.

I will try to do this weekend some dry brushing to bring out the details and also some detail painting.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Hi Guys, Finally finished the detail painting.

Here are some pictures. Now I just need to close it up.

IMG_3249_zpslw9k2jrh.jpg

IMG_3250_zpspgulttps.jpg

IMG_3248_zpskoxrgbve.jpg

IMG_3247_zpsveoo61nf.jpg

IMG_3246_zpsowqkfvvn.jpg

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 5

I have closed the fuselage and atached them to the wings with some heavy clamping.

It now looks like a Yak 3. I have also sorted out the colours to use. So hopefully I can have here ready for some paint this weekend.

I will try to put some pictures up tomorrow.

Cheers,

OK guys,

This where the model is at the moment. I haven't done anything on it the last few days.

I am at the moment bussy to get my Saab Draken ready for another GB.

IMG_3252_zps5qj9g0my.jpg

IMG_3251_zpsbxhz6uba.jpg

IMG_3253_zpsn6e1u9qm.jpg

She fits quite well. the only persuasion was between the wings and the fuselage. But this was solved with some clamping.

There are some small seams to be filled, but nothing to serious.

The next stage will mainly be doing all the small stuf (wheels, landing gear, etc)

Hopefully the next update will be before painting.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

This build has stalled at the moment. I am now bussy to get two Ju-88's finished in the Ju-88 GB.

After they are done I will pick this one up again. She is almost ready for some paint.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have started the painting today with doing the red nose colour. But before I did that I first masked and placed the cockpit glass.

I will try to put on some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

Thanxs Andy.

Here is a update of what has been done till now. I have painted the red nose and done this morning the blue(ish) underside. I used Gunze's H417 for that (RLM76). It is a close match (I think).

Here are some pictures.

After masking.

IMG_3370_zpsuyphsa2w.jpg

And the red colour on. I used the red from Tamiya (XF 7)for this. I also did a bit of pre shading.

IMG_3371_zpsnwna6n7f.jpg

And now the underside colour. As I said I have used Gunze's H417 for this. You can also see that I masked of the nose before spraying.

IMG_3372_zps6uebewtx.jpg

Now I hope to paint the top side later today.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Painting done. The paint used is from gunze and for the AMT 11 I used H307 (Gray FS36320) and for AMT 12 H68 (RLM74).

I don't now if they are a exact match, but close enough for me.

Here are two pictures after the removing of all the masking.

IMG_3373_zpsykjc7vqy.jpg

IMG_3375_zpsvpsrn0tn.jpg

I will do a Klear coat later today, so that I can put the decals on tomorrow (hopefully).

Cheers,

• Like 4

And two pictures after the decals are on.

IMG_3379_zpsqhphinup.jpg

IMG_3380_zps6miysn0j.jpg

There is some colour difference between the nose and the tail decal. Also the tail decals are to small for what they show on the manual. :boom:

I also replaced the side stars, because I messed one up and had to raid my decal bank. Luckely I found some. They look like colour more to the nose than the tail. Well You can't have everything. :weep:

I hope to put one tonight a coat of klear, so that I can do a Panel wash tomorrow.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

After doing the undercarriage and a few small stuff I call her finished.

The pictures of the finished model will be in the Gallery.

Here is a teaser.

IMG_3392_zpsy9svdtef.jpg

I enjoyed this one. It has been a time ago that I made a Russian aircraft. When the P-39 GB will go off I think I will build one in Russian colours.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...