That does look good Ozzy, quite spectacular.

Thanks Robert Stuart.

Ozzy that is an amazing Diorama and a fabulous addition to the group build.

Thanks thepureness,

It's been two years in the planning, I'm glad it made through last years vote.

Hi Ozzy. That is absolutely superb! You have created a wonderfully dynamic scene and that B&W photo in the gallery really captures the atmosphere of that period! Very well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

It was an excuse to watch a few war films for reference purposes, I tried the black and white photos to give it all a taken at the time look.

Superb work!

Thanks Mitch K

Just catching up on GB activity and I'm gobsmacked. This is superb!

Thanks sarge,

It's the first time I've attempted to move road wheels, the older smart kits have plastic individual tracks and metal barrels. Where as the newer ones have those shocking DS tracks, there's a lot to be said about progress and it's not always good.

As I was once told 'Many confuse movement with progress' they are not the same....

That looks just fantastic Ozzy :thumbsup2:
Like you said, it looks like something from a war film. Once you've finished I'd be interested to see the dio in a black and white photo; I bet it will be hard to tell it from the real thing :)

A work of art.
Best regards
Tony

Couldn't agree more. Plenty going on and all coherent rather than just disconnected groups.

Tony,

I had a look to see what it would look like in black and white, I think it all looks pretty convincing?

8a14b0468aa3bf7c079b02f62ede1c0e_zpsubko

I expect to see that cropped and used as a real picture on second rate websites before the GB is finished :evil_laugh: It looks even better than the colour one very realistic.

Thanks Sarge,

The book you sent me is coming into its own now, as I'm using it for weathering steers for the T-34 and also the scenery along with a few films. I'm working on the adage less is more, I did a little whitewashing today.

8157326de5a51ddb866378b1c0c55366_zpslzzo

Pray tell what book do you refer to please? If I can learn to do this sort of thing a tenth as well I'll be very happy. What a superb piece of work.

• Like 1

Thanks Sleeperservice,

The book I refer to is one on the T-34 called T-34 mythical weapon, I've been watching enemy at the gates, Stalingrad films a lot to get it just right. I thinked it helped with my planning that it didn't get through the voting first time, which allowed for me to to think about the compasition of it all. Then I put it all together and lucky it's all worked out ok, I've been building bit and bobs for about 30 years now and I've only been on this site for 2 years. Ive I've learnt loads and pushed myself to have a go at new techniques, I think most of my kits I've built have been part of some sort of dioarama in the past few years.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...